Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won't lie, I'd take both haha and coutinho for the right price...
Be nice to have some pace and creativity in the side,
Gives us options when hamez is resting and God knows we're crying out for pace

Problem we always fall into it seems to me, we never buy the good up and coming players...the tielemans, Maddisons, we always go for the 'once in a blue moon quality statement of intent but past it signings'. ie. The Gylfis, Rooneys, James...and soon to be zahas and Coutinhos. It's like we follow them for years and finally snap them up when it's too late.

I think it comes down to a lack of direction and identity generally.

I'm expecting more of the same in the summer.

Lot of links to Palhinha, Danjuma, Couthino, Zaha, Correa, Muani, Guedes

João Maria Lobo Alves Palhinha Gonçalves is a DM, from Sporting Lisbon, he has been linked with Wolves as well, hes 25, the press believe sporting want £40m, which seems expensive.

Arnaut Danjuma Groeneveld is a RW/ LW, hes at bournemouth, 24 years old, scored 17 least season and 8 assists in the championship. There are 4 other premier league clubs interested, not sure what he would cost now, but Bournemouth paid £13.7m for him in 2019, so would probably be looking to double their money.

Philippe Coutinho Correia, AMC/RW, I think people are aware of this fella?! Barcelona apparently want £36m for him us and Arsenal are supposedly interested. I would take him

Dazet Wilfried Armel Zaha, RW, linked with in every transfer window for all eternity it seems, with Roy leaving it seems he may finally want to go. Palace are reported to want £40m. If we could get it closer to £30m I think its worth doing.

Carlos Joaquín Correa, AMC/SS, argentinan, 26 years old currently at Lazio, linked for £27m

Randal Kolo Muani is a CF, hes 22, french u21 his contract with Nantes is up in 2022

Gonçalo Manuel Ganchinho Guedes, LW, portugese "the next Ronaldo", 24 years old, currently at Valencia, but they need cash.

The defensive midfielder from sporting, though he’s on loan at Braga. Which is a bit strange, if he’s worth 40mil, surely he’s be in sportings team. I’ve never seen him, but read that he’s good defensively, very safe in possession and not very quick, sounds perfect for the prem

It would help the deadwood situation if we stopped bringing it in in the first place. I know with everyone we bring in there is always a level of expectancy but it does beggar belief that we continually bring in what quickly turn out to be poor quality signings. We do seem to make more bad transfer decisions than good which inevitably exacerbates the situation. Every end of season seems like just another groundhog day and I wait to completely underwhelmed in the coming months with our transfer activity. Would be great to see if w have a plan going forward rather than random signings more aligned to just plugging holes.

The defensive midfielder from sporting, though he’s on loan at Braga. Which is a bit strange, if he’s worth 40mil, surely he’s be in sportings team. I’ve never seen him, but read that he’s good defensively, very safe in possession and not very quick, sounds perfect for the prem

He’s not on loan at Braga & he’s brilliant.

What other way is there?
Asking for a friend.
I actually think Iwobi could do well for Palace. I think he misses London, he's quite powerful and quick, but probably needs an opportunity to play regularly. I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of loan agreement was arrived later in the window. I don't really feel Palace would need to commit to any fee, but a loan could work for all parties.

I actually think Iwobi could do well for Palace. I think he misses London, he's quite powerful and quick, but probably needs an opportunity to play regularly. I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of loan agreement was arrived later in the window. I don't really feel Palace would need to commit to any fee, but a loan could work for all parties.
Yes, quite possibly. Even if Wilf doesn’t go, Eze is out until at least Feb 22 so could work. I don’t think he is as bad as some on here make out and, as you say, playing regularly would help. He seems like a confidence player.

Status
Not open for further replies.