Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know mate, but I cant say hes covered himself in glory here. We seem to have caved in.

He's really not that great (Brands). Not saying he should be binned, we needed continuity but as I've said for nearly a year now IMO 'continuity' was the only reason is he should be kept - I don't think that reflects brilliantly on his work here (though he has of course been in charge as some good players have arrived).

There were four options with Kean this summer, in order of preference

A) sell
B) loan w/obligation to buy
C) keep
D) loan w/option to buy/no obligation

Given our P&S issues, A and B were always the best choices because Kean is a player the current squad can lose without really having any big, adverse impact.

Losing a player like James - which is likely still - while it frees up wages, does also mean we lose a player with genuine world class quality that not many other teams like us have, and also we have to find a way to replace his creativity and goals that only a player of such quality can score.

A loan to buy should give us a loan fee now to cover Kean's wages, plus the promise of the fees and, as long as it's done before whenever Everton's accounting year ends, should also play well for us with the P&S rules, I believe.

Come back to me when we start buying 60-70 mil players on a regular basis then fail .( getting europe etc)

Again ...55mil net per year is not going to get us where we want to be.

Or do you have another soulution.
The solution was always to employ managers who know what they're doing. He failed 4 times.

I can question more fundamentally his appointment of the people tasked with spending that cash.

All roads lead back to Moshiri.

Well yes, that's a fair point. But I don't think his intentions have been misplaced and he has pumped the money in and I do think there's a willingness to put more in.

I don't think he's an angel. He's in it purely for the stadium dough IMO and that's fine, because it means we're getting that stadium built. In the meantime he has wanted us to be successful, he's just gone about it the wrong way in terms of who has spent the money (who he has appointed etc).

Well yes, that's a fair point. But I don't think his intentions have been misplaced and he has pumped the money in and I do think there's a willingness to put more in.

I don't think he's an angel. He's in it purely for the stadium dough IMO and that's fine, because it means we're getting that stadium built. In the meantime he has wanted us to be successful, he's just gone about it the wrong way in terms of who has spent the money (who he has appointed etc).
I dont care if he's nice or nasty; I judge his tenure on what we see on the field...and he has failed. There is no other way of putting it.

So if current stories all stack up, regarding the players we all thought might leave or should leave.

Kean to Juve - loan (joke)
Gomes to Benfica

Rodriguez- no clear links anywhere
Delph - still here
Kenny - still here
Tosun - no chance of him leaving this window
Gylfi - hmmm

Iwobi - looks like Benitez is keeping him
Davies - probably kept as a squad player.

the real worry now is the stories about Richarlison and PSG

Crazy summer at Goodison, I’m expecting a busy last few days and a few ins and outs, things appear to be moving a bit.

It sends out the message this player is crap please take him off our hands. We won’t have the same issue trying to sell a Richarlison.
Moise Kean is far from the pointless asset you're trying to portray him as. Unlike every player that people have rolled out the excuses for Brands that he's struggled to shift during his time here, Kean is young, coming off a good season and reportedly on affordable wages.

If Juve are clearing their deck by binning Ronaldo, why are we giving them 12 months to scrape together a transfer fee? They are going to be saving on Ronaldo's extraordinarily high wages and are apparently asking for a transfer fee which is reportedly a similar size to what they'll giving us for Kean next year.

I don't think this is good for us at all.

The solution was always to employ managers who know what they're doing. He failed 4 times.
How many managers have Chelsea had Dave.
They just keep changing them tilnthey get what they want , they have done since Abramovic took over and its cost them fortunes in compensation.

But look where they are , its another planet mate.

I dont care if he's nice or nasty; I judge his tenure on what we see on the field...and he has failed. There is no other way of putting it.

That's fine. But he owns the club, so ultimately there's nothing we can do about it.

The money has been there from him, he has fulfilled that obligation. Unfortunately, and I agree with you here, he hasn't made good decisions with it (for the most part).

Mar obligation to buy isn't for me, not at that price

Say he goes there and has another good season and gets 20 goals ( easily possible if they sell Ronaldo as well ) then we've potentially lost money on a young striker who knows where the net is and has spent his last two years at juventus and psg
Yet couldn’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo playing in English football, some players are just used to less physical leagues

Moise Kean is far from the pointless asset you're trying to portray him as. Unlike every player that people have rolled out the excuses for Brands that he's struggled to shift during his time here, Kean is young, coming off a good season and reportedly on affordable wages.

If Juve are clearing their deck by binning Ronaldo, why are we giving them 12 months to scrape together a transfer fee? They are going to be saving on Ronaldo's extraordinarily high wages and are apparently asking for a transfer fee which is reportedly a similar size to what they'll giving us for Kean next year.

I don't think this is good for us at all.

If he’s such a saleable asset why has no one bid for him all Summer?

the real worry now is the stories about Richarlison and PSG

Perfect sequence of events if he goes.

Ancelotti leaves us, to go to Real Madrid
We get a universally unpopular manager in Benitez
Messi leaves Barcelona and signs for PSG, meaning… they no longer want Moise Kean, meaning we’re skint
PSG sell Mbappe to Ancelotti managed Real Madrid and replace him with
Richarlison.
meaning we’ve lost our household manager and player all in one summer :lol:

Everton that.

Status
Not open for further replies.