Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should have booted Elstone and brought in a top CEO as soon as he took control.
It probably goes back to his Arsenal days. He knew how strong Dein was and didn't want that here. He wants to be the man making all the main decisions.

That's what he is, in fact: as well as being (co)owner he's a really really bad CEO with zero feel for the industry he's in.

If it's an obligation to buy it's absolutely fine. It kicks the can down the road for Juve but as long as the obligation kicks in before the end of Everton's accounting year, it's the same as getting a fee for him right now.
Mar obligation to buy isn't for me, not at that price

Say he goes there and has another good season and gets 20 goals ( easily possible if they sell Ronaldo as well ) then we've potentially lost money on a young striker who knows where the net is and has spent his last two years at juventus and psg

I don't get paid millions a year by a Premiere League Club to give that answer.

Kean is another crap signing he is unable to shift for any decent fee - like Delph, Iwobi, Benard, Gomes the list goes on.
And you knew right from the outset Kean was a bust did you ?
He probably isn't a bust but, clearly isn't keen on being here after all.

Much as I was against the signing of Delph, nobody can legislate for a crazy run of injuries.
Iwobi wasn't a Brands signing, Moshiri did that deal
Bernard came on a free with us agreeing to crazy wages - you think Brands agreed to those wages without the agreement of the owner ???
Gomes was great when he first arrived and was the GOT Player of the Season - a loss of form and the injury haven't helped him - and I honestly think Benitez will get more from him going forward than Ancelotti would have - time will tell if he's still here after Tuesday.

Mar obligation to buy isn't for me, not at that price

Say he goes there and has another good season and gets 20 goals ( easily possible if they sell Ronaldo as well ) then we've potentially lost money on a young striker who knows where the net is and has spent his last two years at juventus and psg

Well ultimately it's the position the club are in mate.

A player who isn't wanted here, who doesn't want to be here in a summer of financial issues in the sport.

Signing him in the first instance was a mistake, but I think people are deluded if they think we were in a position to extract a big transfer fee for him this summer.

All three things in your first sentence are speculative.

I agree he won’t fit here, we won’t get the best out of him, how we play, but I think it’s damning that we can’t a tune out him, he’s a clear talent. I see Vlasic is likely moving back to the PL as well and Moyes can pick a player, weve utterly failed and failed consistently with developing talent. Lookman too. We’re awful and it’s damning we can’t develop these obvious talents. We’re left with the Andres Towsends of thus world, it’s shockingly bad.

It’s not all about just clearing the decks and feeling better that someone isn’t in the squad there are real world consequences to deals like this, we posted a 140 mill loss last year, deals like this are urinating in the wind. With no progression on or off the field.

Every club sells players and spends the proceeds.

We did that and then some and we got worse not better. That's down to the appointments made by Moshiri on who got to spend the cash.
Oh theres a lot of poor decisions been made , but pure cash wise we are not in the ballpark here mate.
The only game in town if you want to be up there is spend & keep spending till you get it right.
Chelsea done it City done it and keep on doibg it.
Our top outlay is 40 mil on Sigurdsson , Chelsea just signed a "squad defender " for 43 mil.
Money wise we are nowhere near any of them.

Actually mate, I reckon you would have spent £27m on Kean since you thought he was almost guaranteed to be a success here.

Post in thread 'Summer Transfer Window 2019'
https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/summer-transfer-window-2019.106084/post-7200172

Oh aye, but I wasn’t the one spending the money as I’m an Internet forum biff and not a professionally employed director of football who is paid to have extensive knowledge of football players, like Marcel Brands. A decent try, but unlucky.

Oh aye, but I wasn’t the one spending the money as I’m an Internet forum biff and not a professionally employed director of football who is paid to have extensive knowledge of football players, like Marcel Brands. A decent try, but unlucky.

So you’re telling me you wouldn’t have spent £27m on a young striker almost guaranteed to be a PL success? As you said you wouldn’t have.

The reports are that it's an obligation.

I like the player and think what happened the other night is a shame because he looked up for it. But realistically it's never going to work for him here and we need the leeway.

He's the sellable asset we have that we can lose without having a negative impact on the side in any way. We need another attacker in but we needed that any way.

Loan with an obligation to buy can be used in our favour for this season too, it can go against the FFP/profit and loss rules.
Not sure how a defered payment like that helps us this year .
I dont know the rule tbh.

Come on then Einstein, what precisely would you be doing and how much would you be bringing in ?
Don't generalise, give us the specifics of your masterplan ?

* should be entertaining if nowt else
Ings, Zaha, Rafatollah, bloody Potterball. Shakes fist at windmill.

Status
Not open for further replies.