Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
This potentially could be done by the way deal is structured. Low payment in year 1 with remaining chunk over next 2 years when have the likes of Sigurdsson, James, Tosun, Delph, off the books.

Problem with Bailey was up front cost, 80% supposedly, while this deal could work around that.

Not sure if this guy is going to happen but if it does, reckon he will play in behind the ST leaving Richie on left….just my view

I'm personally not a fan of Correra or McNeil and have never seen Kvaratskhelia play - so couldn't comment on him.

Out of Correra and McNeil, I personally think Correra is the better player (not that either are particularly good), but like you said, McNeil has age on his side.

I get that if James goes we want a player with some technique who can really thread a pass, but don't feel that really applies to McNeil or Correra. So beyond that, I feel we need some blistering pace in our forward line/wide positions.

I know I'm not the manager but I'm struggling to see what they are planning on if these are the types of player we are linked with. To play with a player like this in the system, it would surely also require us to get a pacey, attacking RB in. And I'm just not sure that Benitez likes his full backs to always push up like that.

can't see why we didn't go for danjuma at 20m, and use richarlison or iwobi as options through centre

The way things are looking in my opinion, is that how the selling teams are willing to structure the deal

Leon Bailey was at least 80% up front (according to Villa fans) we wouldn't be able to play in that field, McNeill will be more expensive transfer but less up front than Bailey was, and the cheapest option in up front costs when you add transfer fee and agent fees might be Correra (just an assumption)

So the old jokes about Bill throwing in a couple of passes for Blood Brothers at the Empire, plus the loss of the Arteta money might not be far away from the truth again :(

1: An 80% upfront payment to Leverkusen for Bailey (as i understand) would still be spread over the length of the players contract in terms of the profit and sustainability rules and FFP.

If we werent actually able to pay that money then it would be quite worrying for several reasons.

I think we just want to move players on before entering the market and balance those outgoings with any incomings to satisfy the rules + to stop wasting money on wages.

I think we do have backing but need to simply abide by regulations and be more prudent with trimming the existing squad.

2: Kvartskhelia, McNeil and Correa are all of similar profiles with Bailey being a different type of player.

I dont believe the Correa links are true. I wonder if Kvartskelia is an agent pushing his name out there and McNeil is an easy, lazy media or twitter link.

If we are interested in them then its interesting we are focusing on the left hand side when we have Richarlison, Gray, Gordon and Iwobi who can play there.

Correa for me is a definite no.

Kvartskhelia seems like he may be a high potential hidden gem though seems risky.

McNeil offers experience and while he doesnt seem someone who would push us into the top 4 he could be someone that is a solid starter that becomes a rotation option in a top 6 team -- a gradual improvement.

For this type of money Id go for Antony (Ajax), Neto (Wolves), Doku (Rennes), Madueke (PSV) etc etc

If it comes down to McNeil or Kvartskelia, do you take the higher risk option who may have a higher ceiling or the solid premier league player?

3: If we move on (any of) James, Kean, Gomes, Delph, Iwobi, Kenny and a Centre back...

...the priority signing must be a long term right back. It cant be a big gamble, it has to be someone with top level experience.

If by some miracle we managed to shift 7 players then clearly we need a wide player and a central midfielder.

The team needs high potential youth now...no more experienced stop gaps.

Correa looks like a slightly-tricker, slightly-slower Richarlison.

I'd have him in a heart beat.

Still think we are desperate for someone that can pass the ball. Particularly if we lose James.

Correa, RB, CM (Anguissa), Grey, Townsend in and James, Kean, Gomes, Bernard out would be a successful window...

1: An 80% upfront payment to Leverkusen for Bailey (as i understand) would still be spread over the length of the players contract in terms of the profit and sustainability rules and FFP.

If we werent actually able to pay that money then it would be quite worrying for several reasons.

I think we just want to move players on before entering the market and balance those outgoings with any incomings to satisfy the rules + to stop wasting money on wages.

I think we do have backing but need to simply abide by regulations and be more prudent with trimming the existing squad.

2: Kvartskhelia, McNeil and Correa are all of similar profiles with Bailey being a different type of player.

I dont believe the Correa links are true. I wonder if Kvartskelia is an agent pushing his name out there and McNeil is an easy, lazy media or twitter link.

If we are interested in them then its interesting we are focusing on the left hand side when we have Richarlison, Gray, Gordon and Iwobi who can play there.

Correa for me is a definite no.

Kvartskhelia seems like he may be a high potential hidden gem though seems risky.

McNeil offers experience and while he doesnt seem someone who would push us into the top 4 he could be someone that is a solid starter that becomes a rotation option in a top 6 team -- a gradual improvement.

For this type of money Id go for Antony (Ajax), Neto (Wolves), Doku (Rennes), Madueke (PSV) etc etc

If it comes down to McNeil or Kvartskelia, do you take the higher risk option who may have a higher ceiling or the solid premier league player?

3: If we move on (any of) James, Kean, Gomes, Delph, Iwobi, Kenny and a Centre back...

...the priority signing must be a long term right back. It cant be a big gamble, it has to be someone with top level experience.

If by some miracle we managed to shift 7 players then clearly we need a wide player and a central midfielder.

The team needs high potential youth now...no more experienced stop gaps.
Why does it need to be a high potential youth with top level experience? Why can't it be great 26 year old?

Correa plays the role of Richy, Gray, Iwobi or Gordon. Right footer playing left side or central.

WHY Marcel? Has to be wrong, surely.

Otherwise there will be a few outs.

Chances are most of the dross will stay until contracts run out. Kenwright has been offering a signed photo and personalised phone call to any takers for iwobi. Unfortunately no response

Status
Not open for further replies.