Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Im with @Dwight K Schrute on Joaquin Correa. Its actually becoming a bit weird that were linked with him, McNeil and Kvartskhelia.

All 3 can play central or wide left...none of them have pace but rely on their techique...

I think Correa would be the worst of the 3. At least the other 2 have potential to improve and hold some value.

These links are becoming a bit weird really.
I'm personally not a fan of Correra or McNeil and have never seen Kvaratskhelia play - so couldn't comment on him.

Out of Correra and McNeil, I personally think Correra is the better player (not that either are particularly good), but like you said, McNeil has age on his side.

I get that if James goes we want a player with some technique who can really thread a pass, but don't feel that really applies to McNeil or Correra. So beyond that, I feel we need some blistering pace in our forward line/wide positions.

I know I'm not the manager but I'm struggling to see what they are planning on if these are the types of player we are linked with. To play with a player like this in the system, it would surely also require us to get a pacey, attacking RB in. And I'm just not sure that Benitez likes his full backs to always push up like that.

Biggest hole in our squad, we've had all summer to get this done and nothing. We don't even seem to be linked with anyone either. If we go into another season with Coleman and Kenny, brands has to start coming under real scrutiny. Stevey wonder could see how lopsided we are left vs right.
Nah mate. Delph is the biggest hole in the squad

Im with @Dwight K Schrute on Joaquin Correa. Its actually becoming a bit weird that were linked with him, McNeil and Kvartskhelia.

All 3 can play central or wide left...none of them have pace but rely on their techique...

I think Correa would be the worst of the 3. At least the other 2 have potential to improve and hold some value.

These links are becoming a bit weird really.
can't see why we didn't go for danjuma at 20m, and use richarlison or iwobi as options through centre

I just can't see Correa joining and I don't think he would be right for us, isn't blessed with pace either and at 27 I don't see him suddenly turning into a goal scorer.

I'm personally not a fan of Correra or McNeil and have never seen Kvaratskhelia play - so couldn't comment on him.

Out of Correra and McNeil, I personally think Correra is the better player (not that either are particularly good), but like you said, McNeil has age on his side.

I get that if James goes we want a player with some technique who can really thread a pass, but don't feel that really applies to McNeil or Correra. So beyond that, I feel we need some blistering pace in our forward line/wide positions.

I know I'm not the manager but I'm struggling to see what they are planning on if these are the types of player we are linked with. To play with a player like this in the system, it would surely also require us to get a pacey, attacking RB in. And I'm just not sure that Benitez likes his full backs to always push up like that.

The way things are looking in my opinion, is that how the selling teams are willing to structure the deal

Leon Bailey was at least 80% up front (according to Villa fans) we wouldn't be able to play in that field, McNeill will be more expensive transfer but less up front than Bailey was, and the cheapest option in up front costs when you add transfer fee and agent fees might be Correra (just an assumption)

So the old jokes about Bill throwing in a couple of passes for Blood Brothers at the Empire, plus the loss of the Arteta money might not be far away from the truth again :(

Status
Not open for further replies.