Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you watch the match? Keane and Holgate couldn't cope with Adams and Armstrong. It's only by virtue of the fact that Southampton aren't very good that we didn't lose. They really struggled with them all day. Less so in the second half when they were swapped over. But they still struggled.
Right, no idea why you've turned me saying Correa is a good player into a debate about Holgate and Keane. Firstly, Che Adams did not, in anyone's estimations, "terrorise" our defence. Secondly, even if he did, our defence was much different in the said preseason friendly. Your remark makes zero sense in the context of the original discussion.

Just accept sometime has a different opinion to you.

Right, no idea why you've turned me saying Correa is a good player into a debate about Holgate and Keane. Firstly, Che Adams did not, in anyone's estimations, "terrorise" our defence. Secondly, even if he did, our defence was much different in the said preseason friendly. Your remark makes zero sense in the context of the original discussion.

Just accept sometime has a different opinion to you.
Calm down fella. That was your response to me saying terrorising our defence is not a high benchmark. Over the last 5 plus years we've had Jags, Mina and Godfrey who are decent CBs all the others are and have been ?.

They are so bad that they only do okay if the entire team plays an ultra defensive system.

Plus, you took issue with me saying Adams terrorised our defence - he did. The only reason Saints didn't score more is that they aren't very good. It is possible for forwards to terrorise/bully defenders without it also following that their team destroyed the opposition.

See, now I've just watched this and it shows exactly what I was talking about: good dribbler, not that much pace, likes to go down blind alleys and has questionable decision making.

And this is a highlights package!

Think he'll be outpaced and out-muscled fairly regularly in the PL and won't win as many fouls. Still, it's opinions and is preferable to buying up Burnley and Newcastle cast-offs which is what the window has been shaping up to be!
Mirallas mk2.....

Calm down fella. That was your response to me saying terrorising our defence is not a high benchmark. Over the last 5 plus years we've had Jags, Mina and Godfrey who are decent CBs all the others are and have been ?.

They are so bad that they only do okay if the entire team plays an ultra defensive system.

Plus, you took issue with me saying Adams terrorised our defence - he did. The only reason Saints didn't score more is that they aren't very good. It is possible for forwards to terrorise/bully defenders without it also following that their team destroyed the opposition.
Perfectly calm mate don't worry.

He didn't though did he. And he's never terrorised any defence. As I said Michael Keane made a huge error and he toe poked it to his team mate. Other than that he did nothing. Christ, if that's terrorising in your book you've got a really low bar.

Perfectly calm mate don't worry.

He didn't though did he. And he's never terrorised any defence. As I said Michael Keane made a huge error and he toe poked it to his team mate. Other than that he did nothing. Christ, if that's terrorising in your book you've got a really low bar.
Or you have a really low bar for what you deem acceptable performances from your defenders. It was like a car crash watching our two CBs against those strikers. And Adams is awful and Armstrong was having his first proper stint in the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.