Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that undersells him a good bit. He's really not that bad and we need a real RB at least as cover. I'm really not his biggest fan but we just need someone.
Each to their own mate, I agree that we really need to take just about anyone we can get at this point and there's defo many worse right backs out there.

I just think that it would have all the classic hallmarks of an efc deadline day desperation special especially in terms of the money it would cost in relation to what he would bring us. Would much rather see us take a punt on a young player for less money and if it doesn't work it doesn't work.

For me bellerin would never be a long term solution and we would be back in the same position next summer, only with yet another substandard player milking us for our cash.

Each to their own mate, I agree that we really need to take just about anyone we can get at this point and there's defo many worse right backs out there.

I just think that it would have all the classic hallmarks of an efc deadline day desperation special especially in terms of the money it would cost in relation to what he would bring us. Would much rather see us take a punt on a young player for less money and if it doesn't work it doesn't work.

For me bellerin would never be a long term solution and we would be back in the same position next summer, only with yet another substandard player milking us for our cash.
I don't think he's so substandard that we'd be moving him next summer

We wouldn't necessarily be looking to move him on especially considering Seamus' age, we would absolutely still be looking for a first choice rb though imho
For me fullback is largely a functional position. When you've got the striker, creators, midfield and central defense in place then you can go looking to upgrade fullback but until then a functioning player is enough.

more than likely complete nonsense but if we’re seriously considering loaning Gomes out to a championship squad and struggling to sell a 28 year old midfielder that was a Portuguese international till last season then brands need sacking. Might as well put Mickey Mouse in charge of transfers.

For me fullback is largely a functional position. When you've got the striker, creators, midfield and central defense in place then you can go looking to upgrade fullback but until then a functioning player is enough.
Thing is though mate, and I know you don't necessarily agree but I don't see him as a functional full back.

In fact I see him very much as a winger who's been converted to a full back, really poor defensively at times and lacking a degree of physicality.

I would rather see him come in than nobody, the need for a RB is absolutely desperate. It's just for me he would be way way down the list.

Its true Arsenal's fanbase is made up if overly dramatic idiots, but it shouldn't be underestimated just how bad they've been for the last few years. Honestly I use Arsenal to make myself feel better about Everton hahaha.

Depends on the formation, they can be one of the most important positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.