Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The answer is obvious and he did reference it eg ‘FFP restrictions’.

We are clearly (though not spoken) in sell to buy mode.

This is not due to cash flow but due to our past and projected losses.

We have to shed wages, ideally make transfer profits and try to avoid adding amortisation costs (so cheap, free, loan incomings).

If we could shift all of Kean, Gomes, James for actual cash not just loans and partial wage cover then we can probably add one or two for a fee...but that seems pretty unlikely right now.

We are also stuck with a £9m P&L amortisation charge for the man we cannot name even if his wages are stopped whilst suspended (which depends on contract language and is not certain). Stuff like that is crippling on the PL Profit test.

He will still be receiving his wages. He hasn't been found guilty of anything.

The problem isn't the size of the squad it's having to have a squad deep enough for Europe every few years then not qualifying in other years.

Leaves us with players and an oversized wage bill the years we don't make it.

We either need to never qualify and cut the squad (Bulbous Benny will see to that) or get into Europe every year to go with the size of the Squad.
I get you need a
Bigger squad to cope with Europe, but im
Sure at one point 3years ago? We had like 36 professionals, not including under 21 players.

Just a note on McNeil - I haven’t seen West Ham linked with him, but it wouldn’t surprise me - he’s the most Moyes player I’ve ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.