Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Stephenlloyd if UEFA change FFP do the PL rules have to change to mimic them or can the PL still just carry on with the profit/loss sustainability?
Good question and I wouldn’t know the answer. But I suppose the premier league would not want their darlings, not being able to compete at the highest level, across the European competitions. So I think they would want a similar level playing field.

Good question and I wouldn’t know the answer. But I suppose the premier league would not want their darlings, not being able to compete at the highest level, across the European competitions. So I think they would want a similar level playing field.

The only worry for me would be the PL keeping things as they are which would effectively snooker the other 14 clubs who would need to adhere to two totally different sets of restrictions - one on spend (PL) and the other on wages should they qualify for europe (UEFA).

….problem is if we continue to add ineffective & costly players to the squad, like Iwobi. It’s then a conveyer belt of individuals we struggle to shift.

I’m now convinced Brands is being overridden in respect of identifying and acquiring players. His position is weak & he’s not an empowered DoF. The transfer process is a mess, Brands might be at the helm but he’s far from steering the ship.
Totally agree with the summary of brand's position the managers are buying 90% of the players brought in which leads to the recurring mess we find ourselves in

Why would he have signed a new contract if he wasn't happy with the arrangement and his job role? I think he's just very bad at his job.
Probably because he is getting paid a decent wedge to do so. I'm not sure about being bad at the job as i don't know how much he has ever been actually allowed to do that job. What i would say though is that there is a huge step up from the Dutch league to the PL and i never thought he was the right choice and said so at the time and i still don't.

Our signings so far are Townsend, Begovic and Gray with potential deals for Rondon, Longstaff and McNeil..... All that whilst selling Kean, James and Gomes.

That to me smacks of a manager/club heading on a downward trojectory..... Whats the word for being Underwhelmingly Underwhelmed? With these signings and sales we are 10th at very best.

….problem is if we continue to add ineffective & costly players to the squad, like Iwobi. It’s then a conveyer belt of individuals we struggle to shift.

I’m now convinced Brands is being overridden in respect of identifying and acquiring players. His position is weak & he’s not an empowered DoF. The transfer process is a mess, Brands might be at the helm but he’s far from steering the ship.
You really do wonder how this cycle breaks.
will Brands walk. Does Moshiri need someone close to him, to get involved and start employing people who can take control of the club. Do the likes of Bill & Denise need replacing.

Or will nothing change until Moshiri sells us. Maybe the mess we’re in now, will make Moshiri finally realise things need to change

It really makes you wonder what position he has within the club. I’m sure if he wasn’t appointed to the board (strange decision) he would have resigned by now as he doesn’t seem to have any say in the recruitment process.

It really makes you wonder what position he has within the club. I’m sure if he wasn’t appointed to the board (strange decision) he would have resigned by now as he doesn’t seem to have any day in the recruitment process.

….I think it’s a fair point to ask why he’s not resigned, he seems content with his role & I dare say the salary helps.

Our signings so far are Townsend, Begovic and Gray with potential deals for Rondon, Longstaff and McNeil..... All that whilst selling Kean, James and Gomes.

That to me smacks of a manager/club heading on a downward trojectory..... Whats the word for being Underwhelmingly Underwhelmed? With these signings and sales we are 10th at very best.
If you had said a year ago that would happen, there would have been an outcry amongst the fan base. Our expectations have been lowered that much, that some fans seem to expect this. As a West Ham pal said to me if you sign enough bang average footballers, that’s exactly the team you’ll end up with. He said I should know the hammers have done it for years. Benetiz must think he’s still at Newcastle with our recruitment this summer.

It really makes you wonder what position he has within the club. I’m sure if he wasn’t appointed to the board (strange decision) he would have resigned by now as he doesn’t seem to have any day in the recruitment process.
His role from what I can see is a middle man between moshiri and the players even the events with Coleman signing a new contract and richy coming back with his gold medal both conducted by him and not the manager.

I find it all rather odd in regards to transfers, now we can only go on what's reported in the media, but when you see quotes such as Benetiz has identified Longstaff as a player, or Ancelotti wants Allen, you kind of question what's going on, we have a number of players we can't shift,look at Kean, 20 goals last season, an Itialian international and nothing, the rs flogged Brewster 10 goals on loan to Swansea for £23m

His role from what I can see is a middle man between moshiri and the players even the events with Coleman signing a new contract and richy coming back with his gold medal both conducted by him and not the manager.
If that is true to me that is not the responsibility of a DOF (Richarlison) more the media side of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.