Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be a perfectly valid complaint if it wasn't a year beset with Covid where he couldn't see his kids for a very long time. Cut him some slack. He still scored and assisted more than any mid without pens, in less time. We are better with him than without

But you think his mentality has never been called into question before?

They’ve invested in depth. Bailey and buendia are very good signings.

ings is great - when he’s fit. They have been smart with their recruiting- they’ll finish top 8. And we will wonder why we aren’t in top10
Dunno. Without Grealish they were a bottom six side and the players they have bought are a centre forward who probably isn't better than the centre forward they already have there, a replacement for Barkley who wasn't better than Barkley the last time he was in the league and a winger who is exceptional on his day but even more exceptionally inconsistent.

The reality is though the players theyve brought in need to be worth 20-25 points more than Traoré/Barkley etc. for them to get top 8. Time will tell.

You know what it said to normal people:

He was injured and hadn’t seen his daughter in over a year so it was pointless sitting around just to appease some internet warriors who complain he doesn’t run up the sand dunes

It wasn't pointless at all he's paid £135k a week and should have been with his team mates until the end of the season- do you think half of our squad who are from all 4 corners of the world had seen their families during the pandemic and used that as an excuse to bugger off early?

If it was Iwobi or someone gash they would have been hammered but Saint Rodriguez could pish down your leg and you would claim it was just rain.

But you think his mentality has never been called into question before?
It has. But he has still contributed more than most of our players in less minutes
It wasn't pointless at all he's paid £135k a week and should have been with his team mates until the end of the season- do you think half of our squad who are from all 4 corners of the world had seen their families during the pandemic and used that as an excuse to bugger off early?

If it was Iwobi or someone gash they would have been hammered but Saint Rodriguez could pish down your leg and you would claim it was just rain.
If they definitely weren't playing it wouldn't be a problem imo. I am more concerned by those that stayed and rolled over for a tickling at City

A bit disingenuous this, mate.

He knew with certainty he couldn’t play. We all knew that he’s not hiding an Everton tattoo on his bumcheek; he’s not going to stay around to watch our final game for the love of the club and evidently Carlo - who he undoubtedly DOES have respect for - gave him permission to go, so in THAT situation he may as well get back a bit early to the family he hasn’t seen in ages. Other players didn’t do the same because they weren’t ruled out, although to suggest they played in that final match may be a stretch…

Im sorry but there is a reason why injuries aside the lad is at midtable Everton when he is the best player in der werld.
Can't agree with that at all. The injuries are the reason he is at a mid table Everton. We all know we'd never have got him if he were a 90min full season player. You can't put injuries aside. We wouldn't be talking about him if they were a side issue, he'd still be at Madrid or another top club

VF.
Would you pick the three players you have signed or would you have foregone the money and kept Grealish ?, you obviously don't hold Grealish in the same esteem as Pep. Who in the Villa squad last year came close to Grealish ?

Signings are a risk , nobody knows that better than us and players coming in who have not played in the Premiership before are a bigger risk. I am certainly not saying they are bad signings but I cannot see how anybody can say that the two players who have never played Premiership before will be a success.

I am one of the Villa fans that wanted us to take the 100m for Grealish. As many on here correctly point out, we were too dependent on Grealish last season. He was the focus of our team and we setup to play to Grealish's strengths. With him gone we will have more freedom to play to a style of football rather than playing a style that suits Grealish. I am hoping and expecting a much more balanced team this season.

As for the players we brought in, obviously, we will not know until we see them play and see how the season unfolds. But I think we have bought quite well. Ings is a risk with regard to injury but if he is fit he will score goals. He is a clinical finisher and we haven't had one of those in a long time. I think 25m + 5m could be a bargain for him if he stays fit. He played 91 games in the last 3 years so I am hopeful. Buendia is a good player and I think will be a success in the PL. I think he is the most risk-free of the 3 big purchases. Bailey is the unknown wildcard but I think the player that excites Villa fans the most. He is lightning quick, he was clocked at 22.62mph in a league game in Germany. I know speed isn't everything but he will cause many defenders and particularly the older ones all sorts of problems. So I am happy with the business we have done but like all fans, I will have some bias towards their own purchases.

It is only one player that hasn't played in the PL. We bought Young, Buendia, Bailey and Ings. Young and Ings are PL veterans and Buendia played a full season in the PL with Norwich the season before last. During that season, in a team that was relegated he had better stats than Grealish had with Villa that season. So I expect Buendia to be up to speed with the PL quite quickly. Bailey is the only player without PL experience and he is the biggest risk but I also believe the potential for the biggest reward

Status
Not open for further replies.