Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aguero is injury prone yet wasn't legged out of City for years and he hasn't ended up at a midtable outfit either..
Rumours Aguero wants out already. He signed to play alongside Messi. Other players want to play with these ‘big names’
James is a big name, a player who others would love to play with. You can see the quality he has. We wont replace him with anyone better. Understandably he didnt play every game. But look what he bought when he did play. I’d rather have him playing half the games, but bringing in quality to the team, than a sub standard replacement. As it stands him playing 10 games would produce more than someone else playing 20. He’s a class above. If you want to grow as a club and challenge, he’s the sort of player you keep and make work.

Answer the question
Or stop telling lies.

Lets just sign Rongdon & Longwhiff eh.

Getting off topic so I'll leave you to ponder why Ancelotti is the only manager who seems to trust the bloke - even the Colombian manager seemed to have gave him a miss this Copa despite James being "fit".

I couldn't tell you who we'll sign mate im not Brands - as long as its someone who can pass a ball, tackle, run and has pace/energy I'll be happy.

It wasn't pointless at all he's paid £135k a week and should have been with his team mates until the end of the season- do you think half of our squad who are from all 4 corners of the world had seen their families during the pandemic and used that as an excuse to bugger off early?

If it was Iwobi or someone gash they would have been hammered but Saint Rodriguez could pish down your leg and you would claim it was just rain.
It was, the season was done and he was injured

Let it go

They're after a midfielder I believe

On the first bit about Rom, I think that's why Ings is a good signing for them. Takes the pressure off Watkins, in theory.

Weirdly, the Bailey one - as good as he is - seems to be the odd fit for me.

It seems they're going to play Buendia central and I think he may get crowded out there. He's better off the right is he not, or did he play central more for Norwich last season?

McNeil - who they do like too but think they've probably left it now - seems a more natural fit for the winger they need to compensate for Buendia on the other side, and would probably also let them get both Watkins and Ings in the team.

Whereas, for the same price, we really needed a player of Bailey's profile, and not McNeil's - this is given McNeil has never played right wing.
The Rom bit wasn't meant to be about there strikers just the dangers of thinking taking a top class player out can make you better overall. It rarely actually works out even if in theory you can convince yourself of something.

Buendia plays off the right but he doesn't really play as a winger so I can see it working still central. Weirdly for all his final third production at the lower level his best role in the PL might be more box to box. He puts in the work and is a decent ball winner but also really shines as a forward passer and dribbler. Smith tried using Grealish like that but he couldn't do the work out of possession. I suspect Pep is going to do similar but it is different for City and they probably won't get exposed the same way.

Bailey for me makes sense because he replaces the carrying of Grealish, adds the pace that they've tried to get from El Ghazi but also has a degree of final third effectiveness that their other wingers don't bring.

I don't buy the McNeil stuff too much but if it happens they can certainly play a bunch of systems and get most of the good players in. Assuming they don't sign him they can either go 4-3-3 with Buendia wide right, 4-3-3 with Buendia trying the box to box role with El Ghazi or whoever playing wide or even 4-4-2 to get Ings in. It's intriguing and potentially fun. I wish Everton were that at the very least.

Getting off topic

I couldn't tell you who we'll sign mate im not Brands
No its not off topic , you want him sold....this is the transfer thread.

I didnt ask who we where signing.

You raised people that questioned the lads mentality ( not nice that at all)
I asked you to answer the questions yet you still havent.
Which suggests you are a liar.

Not the 1st time is it.

Getting off topic so I'll leave you to ponder why Ancelotti is the only manager who seems to trust the bloke - even the Colombian manager seemed to have gave him a miss this Copa despite James being "fit".

I couldn't tell you who we'll sign mate im not Brands - as long as its someone who can pass a ball, tackle, run and has pace/energy I'll be happy.
Has to be young then - that's out.....

No its not off topic , you want him sold....this is the transfer thread.

I didnt ask who we where signing.

You raised people that questioned the lads mentality ( not nice that at all)
I asked you to answer the questions yet you still havent.
Which suggests you are a liar.

Not the 1st time is it.

What are you chatting lad? lol

Its an opinion on a football forum - I believe he is a primadonna hence why he only sticks around Carlo who indulges him - do I have proof? No because im a photographer from Merseyside not a Spanish/Colombian football insider.

I'll also go on a hunch and say Moise Kean isn't a hard worker either - and before you ask me no I don't know Fab Romano so I can't "prove" that to you either.

Its an opinion on a football forum - I believe he is a primadonna hence why he only sticks around Carlo who indulges him - do I have proof? No because im a photographer from Merseyside not a Spanish/Colombian football insider.

I'll also go on a hunch and say Moise Kean isn't a hard worker either - and before you ask me no I don't know Fab Romano so I can't "prove" that to you either.
Im sure you said you were a fireman!?

So you are saying its YOU that questions James mentality not fictional characters you just make up to spout nonsense on a forum.
If so you will always be known as the forums Billy Liar ....or just a liar.

Sign more quality , dont sell our best players . Sell ALL the dross.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think the lads attitude has generally been quite good here, and in honesty he hasn't been kicking up a massive fuss since here (like others have). However I also think he's pretty lose to washed up. I'd say the additional games we got out of him last year were him playing through the pain/injury barrier, and he probably goes over and above for Ancelotti. I can completely see why Brands or Benitez would be open to shifting him.

Once a player starts to get injuries in their mid-late 20's it never ends well. Your body just doesn't recover as well. I notice it into my 30's, and my powers of recovery are just nowhere as good.

It's a shame, as when he plays he is wonderful in patches. What was interesting for me last season though, we didn't actually play that much better with him in. Mina on the other hand made a massive difference. In the PL having a 6 ft 5 grock who can power weaker teams attacks away goes a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.