Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't get in all this is that we can't buy anyone because of the PL rules (the latest from the Netherlands being that the Dumfries deal is likely to collapse because of it), but from what I've heard, we will already fail it anyway.

This is regardless of whether or not we make signings. So if this is the case, why not just make a few (without going mad obviously) as we are likely to be hit with a punishment anyway. I can't see the logic of missing out on talent that we vitally need if we are still going to fall foul of the rules. It just seems like another completely bizarre decision from a club that makes many of them.

Obviously this is the view from the outside, but other clubs who are likely to breach it don't seem at all bothered. Really does make me think that the Benitez appointment was all about making sure we don't go down this year and then reassessing where we are next year.
Any links to the latest from the Netherlands?

The number of players that have seen out their fat contracts and left for nothing is astonishing. We just can’t go on like that.

There was also a mad culture of extending young players contracts and sending them on loan. I think Pennington was due a testimonial!!!

I have enjoyed seeing Gray perform well so far. There is great satisfaction in seeing a player like that perform. A few games in the PL playing like that and he will be worth well more than we paid.
Baningame will be due a testimonial soon too. Garbutt probably was close to one too! I reckon Virginia will get one too by about 2027.

Im a bit surprised weve not shifted out Delph, Gomes, Kenny, Iwobi or one of Keane/Mina.

The ones like Baningime help of course but it would be nice if we could move on more players quicker.
Other clubs know what we do,the longer they wait the more desperate we'll get.
Fire Sale!

What I don't get in all this is that we can't buy anyone because of the PL rules (the latest from the Netherlands being that the Dumfries deal is likely to collapse because of it), but from what I've heard, we will already fail it anyway.

This is regardless of whether or not we make signings. So if this is the case, why not just make a few (without going mad obviously) as we are likely to be hit with a punishment anyway. I can't see the logic of missing out on talent that we vitally need if we are still going to fall foul of the rules. It just seems like another completely bizarre decision from a club that makes many of them.

Obviously this is the view from the outside, but other clubs who are likely to breach it don't seem at all bothered. Really does make me think that the Benitez appointment was all about making sure we don't go down this year and then reassessing where we are next year.

The forthcoming stadium costs are more of a factor, imo. The stadium needs to be funded somehow, and even if we are to borrow heavily, it would at least involve a very large deposit from Moshiri.

You keep posting about FFP .
That only applies to playing in Europe , which the last time I checked we arnt.

Its the Premier lge's own rules that the club are obviously struggling with.
Exactly, the Premier League has FFP rules that we are failing.

We can be fined and docked points or worse. It depends on the level of our transgression and how lenient the PL are willing to be.

Could be very wrong but I don't think the P L has its own financial ((STCC) rules any more. Think they were dumped. So, not being in Europe, not sure what the barrier to spending is (apart from skintness.)

Im a bit surprised weve not shifted out Delph, Gomes, Kenny, Iwobi or one of Keane/Mina.

The ones like Baningime help of course but it would be nice if we could move on more players quicker.
Why, after all this time and multiple repeats of the same point by many posters, are you still surprised?

Someone has to want to buy them before we can shift them out.

Other clubs aren't blind, they'll have seen how hopeless some of these players have been for us; why would they want to take them and their wage demands?

The deal was supposed to be either:

A: Barca pay €9mil to fully own him
B: Barca dont pay and he belongs to Betis
C: Both clubs agree to sell and split 50/50.

Now hes owned by Barca, Betis take 20% of any profit over the total sale price.

@NeilA1878 not sure where you got 50/50 after Barca paid Betis?

Has been widely reported. Betis will receive 50% if he is sold this summer, or 20% from January onwards. Here are a few links-

The forthcoming stadium costs are more of a factor, imo. The stadium needs to be funded somehow, and even if we are to borrow heavily, it would at least involve a very large deposit from Moshiri.
You are probably right in terms of investment from above. But if there were no PL compliance rules, I think it's safe to say the club could spend up to £30 million- which wouldn't do much to improve our shambles of a team. But we clearly aren't doing that which makes me think in the short-term it is more of a compliance issue.

Infrastructure costs don't count toward PL compliance rules (I think I'm right in saying) so that would be something at least. But what concerns me is that if we are hampered at the moment by PL compliance rules, we will certainly be hampered by rising stadium costs over the next few years (as Spurs were) which could then combine to mean sod all investment in the squad for the next five years.

That's a troubling thought and I genuinely believe that if we are going to fail compliance rules anyway we should invest in our squad now to bring in younger, talented players to try an help us become self-sufficient. I am genuinely worried though that we won't do and then the money will fry up altogether in a few years' time.

Status
Not open for further replies.