Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that's ffp sorted then. Sell to buy no more !!
1627570468059.png

They have to sell first because of FFP, that is clear now.

The business is likely to be late unfortunately. Nothing we can do about that.
You keep posting about FFP .
That only applies to playing in Europe , which the last time I checked we arnt.

Its the Premier lge's own rules that the club are obviously struggling with.

The deal was supposed to be either:

A: Barca pay €9mil to fully own him
B: Barca dont pay and he belongs to Betis
C: Both clubs agree to sell and split 50/50.

Now hes owned by Barca, Betis take 20% of any profit over the total sale price.

@NeilA1878 not sure where you got 50/50 after Barca paid Betis?
Youre right its only 20% not 50%.. We should be all over it... According to reports from Marca, Ronald Koeman will now pay €9m to bring him to the Camp Nou this summer despite the uncertainty over whether he has a role in Catalonia.

Koeman is fully stocked in his full back slots, ahead of the new campaign, and he could look to sell the 22-year-old for a profit with Real Betis set receive a 20% stake of any sale as per their current agreement.

What I don't get in all this is that we can't buy anyone because of the PL rules (the latest from the Netherlands being that the Dumfries deal is likely to collapse because of it), but from what I've heard, we will already fail it anyway.

This is regardless of whether or not we make signings. So if this is the case, why not just make a few (without going mad obviously) as we are likely to be hit with a punishment anyway. I can't see the logic of missing out on talent that we vitally need if we are still going to fall foul of the rules. It just seems like another completely bizarre decision from a club that makes many of them.

Obviously this is the view from the outside, but other clubs who are likely to breach it don't seem at all bothered. Really does make me think that the Benitez appointment was all about making sure we don't go down this year and then reassessing where we are next year.

Apparently £8k ish a week

It may not be the most high profile transfer out this summer but if the wages suggested are correct then it certainly does make a difference.
I am guessing most of the players in that category are earing about the same and we have released/sold three or four already.
We have probably saved about 2m in wages which is substantial.

We are probably prevented from sacking Brands due to the payout that we would incur. Oh wait, we gave him a new contract.

The only way we are getting decent money for anyone is by selling Richarlison or Mina as I see it.

The legacy of mismanagement and profligacy at this club is appalling, and it's only now we are seeing what that actually means.

A small army of players on wages far above what is merited, and that we couldn't give away.

Chickens had to come home to roost, and they are now doing so.
The number of players that have seen out their fat contracts and left for nothing is astonishing. We just can’t go on like that.

There was also a mad culture of extending young players contracts and sending them on loan. I think Pennington was due a testimonial!!!

I have enjoyed seeing Gray perform well so far. There is great satisfaction in seeing a player like that perform. A few games in the PL playing like that and he will be worth well more than we paid.

It may not be the most high profile transfer out this summer but if the wages suggested are correct then it certainly does make a difference.
I am guessing most of the players in that category are earing about the same and we have released/sold three or four already.
We have probably saved about 2m in wages which is substantial.

Im a bit surprised weve not shifted out Delph, Gomes, Kenny, Iwobi or one of Keane/Mina.

The ones like Baningime help of course but it would be nice if we could move on more players quicker.

The number of players that have seen out their fat contracts and left for nothing is astonishing. We just can’t go on like that.

There was also a mad culture of extending young players contracts and sending them on loan. I think Pennington was due a testimonial!!!

I have enjoyed seeing Gray perform well so far. There is great satisfaction in seeing a player like that perform. A few games in the PL playing like that and he will be worth well more than we paid.
I hope you are right about Gray. I agree there is much more satisfaction in getting value from a bargain buy, or seeing someone written off turn things around.

Status
Not open for further replies.