Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
We dropped pickford for many games and Olsen made just as many mistakes. Against Man Utd he was terrible.

I was not fortunate enough to witness us during the Neville Southall days but I’m sure he had an off day every now and then and went through a bad spell? Can anyone recall?

He’s had really good moments and really bad moments. Two clean sheets in a row and some good saves in the process maybe the old Pickford is back now.

With Southall the difference was you expected him to save everything...by everything, i literally mean everything.

In more recent times its a bit like when Peter Schmeichel faced a shot...you would be impressed if the forward managed to score past him.

The only player who has come close for us has been Nigel Martyn.

Pickford doesnt have that 'aura'.

We dropped pickford for many games and Olsen made just as many mistakes. Against Man Utd he was terrible.

I was not fortunate enough to witness us during the Neville Southall days but I’m sure he had an off day every now and then and went through a bad spell? Can anyone recall?

He’s had really good moments and really bad moments. Two clean sheets in a row and some good saves in the process maybe the old Pickford is back now.
Big Nev never had a bad spell, well maybe at the very end, he was a monster.

My dad reckons Pickford has been seeing a sports psychologist, but he's quite old now and often gets the wrong end of the stick so I would take it with a massive ladle-full of salt. In any case, it's good news for us if all we're talking about is his good saves and not his showboating or playing up on the field. He's been solid recently and I don't think anybody can argue with that. If he stays like this level now, or even improves, I'll very happily have him with us for years to come.

Pickford has said he is to the media.

EVERTON and Fulham are keeping tabs on Stuttgart ace Silas Wamangituka, who's been compared to Arsenal star Nicolas Pepe, according to reports.

Wamangituka has stood out as one of the most exciting young talents in the Bundesliga having already scored 11 goals in 22 league matches.

He is very talented.

And won’t end up here.

With Southall the difference was you expected him to save everything...by everything, i literally mean everything.

In more recent times its a bit like when Peter Schmeichel faced a shot...you would be impressed if the forward managed to score past him.

The only player who has come close for us has been Nigel Martyn.

Pickford doesnt have that 'aura'.
Oblak is the only keeper I’d argue that currently has that status. The modern game favours attackers more I would be happy with a solid dependable keeper tbh

He is very talented.

And won’t end up here.

James though...
Kean too.. consider his status when we signed him
How about Lukaku at the time.. massive coup

We must really stop discounting players joining us .. we have money too.. we have a lot more going for us than we like to tell ourselves.
Never heard the chap though

James though...
Kean too.. consider his status when we signed him
How about Lukaku at the time.. massive coup

We must really stop discounting players joining us .. we have money too.. we have a lot more going for us than we like to tell ourselves.
Never heard the chap though

It’s more I don’t really think we’re after him. He falls into that Kean prodigy signing which we rarely make.

Anthony Martial anyone? The lads got talent no question about that, he’s never really played under a world class manager & isn’t consistent in his performances but if anyone can get the best out of him it’s Carlo.

Hm.....hopefully new Man Pickford rather the old Boy Pickford

Quite honestly my son, no.
Neville was immense and that's without the blue tinted glasses on.
Best in the world at his peak.

God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.