Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the keepers who have played as poorly as he did the last 18 months either got relegated like Tim Krul or benched like Kepa and Mat Ryan. I don't know if I've said worst in the world but he was and remains pretty bad.

I don't know why moving him on matters. I know he's supposedly valuable but no one was arsed that Kean got no games because DCL played better and the same should be true with Pickford.

I say you guys as a lot of people are defending him after a day when he made 1 save good as it was.
It matters cos hes Englands number 1, it means nothing to you or me truth be told, but there's a perception that we would look a bit silly if we just sent Englands number 1 Keeper to the U23s.

He needs to be moved on before we truly upgrade, IMO.

For me hes been much improved the last few weeks, lets see how long it lasts, but where does he go? Even if he wins golden gloves at The Euros?

I suspect we are stuck with him and his 3 or 4 weeks of good form for a while.

It matters cos hes Englands number 1, it means nothing to you or me truth be told, but there's a perception that we would look a bit silly if we just sent Englands number 1 Keeper to the U23s.

He needs to be moved on before we truly upgrade, IMO.

For me hes been much improved the last few weeks, lets see how long it lasts, but where does he go? Even if he wins golden gloves at The Euros?

I suspect we are stuck with him and his 3 or 4 weeks of good form for a while.
His month of February was two weeks out, a poorer game against City, a better game against the RS and a decent game where he responded to his one shot on target. I'm not convinced.

Not replacing him would be malpractice especially if we're planning on sticking with a more defensive posture when we take leads in games. Drop someone top level in our team and we're fighting for second this season.

His month of February was two weeks out, a poorer game against City, a better game against the RS and a decent game where he responded to his one shot on target. I'm not convinced.

Not replacing him would be malpractice especially if we're planning on sticking with a more defensive posture when we take leads in games. Drop someone top level in our team and we're fighting for second this season.
Top-level maybe, but defo not the likes of Tit at Fulham and the lanky Leeds Keeper.

Top-level maybe, but defo not the likes of Tit at Fulham and the lanky Leeds Keeper.
Drop the nipple in and I swear we're 5 points better off minimum. Pickford STINKS and we are letting ourselves be held hostage by him because of Gareth Southgate and the likes of Carragher on TV.

I'm not really on about mistakes as they happen the same as a striker missing chances does. I'm on about shotstopping in general and Meslier has been much better on the whole.

I haven't seen a lot of him, but from the bits I have, I'm not sure I'd go along with that. He's let a lot in.

We don't scrutinize opposition goalkeepers like we do our own. When they let a goal in it doesn't hurt. You will probably find that if we had a goalkeeper like Tit or Meslier we would view them as no better than Pickford because every time they let in a soft goal it would resonate. Pickfords been pretty good of late

My dad reckons Pickford has been seeing a sports psychologist, but he's quite old now and often gets the wrong end of the stick so I would take it with a massive ladle-full of salt. In any case, it's good news for us if all we're talking about is his good saves and not his showboating or playing up on the field. He's been solid recently and I don't think anybody can argue with that. If he stays like this level now, or even improves, I'll very happily have him with us for years to come.

EVERTON and Fulham are keeping tabs on Stuttgart ace Silas Wamangituka, who's been compared to Arsenal star Nicolas Pepe, according to reports.

Wamangituka has stood out as one of the most exciting young talents in the Bundesliga having already scored 11 goals in 22 league matches.

EVERTON and Fulham are keeping tabs on Stuttgart ace Silas Wamangituka, who's been compared to Arsenal star Nicolas Pepe, according to reports.

Wamangituka has stood out as one of the most exciting young talents in the Bundesliga having already scored 11 goals in 22 league matches.
"Arsenal star"? Did they get another player in called Nicolas Pepe too?

People need to forget about a GK, we're stuck with Pickford on that silly contract we gave him. Just hoping Pickford can keep up his recent form.

RB and another wide option are key for us. Anything else is a bonus.

I'd be very happy if we got our money back.
There is no doubt that in the last 2 or 3 games he seems to have improved and if he continues that trajectory fantastic.
But , and I've said it since we signed him , he is just too small for a keeper. As a consequence he cannot command his area.
Last season and earlier in this his decision making has got worse and the became increasingly erratic.
No doubt he is capable of superb saves but I prefer a much more solid , dependable keeper who in turn gives confidence to his defence.

Im not sure who would go for Pickford.

I had suggested a Pickford / Donnarumma swap with Milan last summer -- surely better than them losing him for free and we could get Pickford off the books.

The form until end of season and the euros could be the factor in offloading him. I think it will be hard to find a buyer for the fee and wages we would want.

I think we'll keep him but we need to bring someone in to push him...and perhaps push him out.

Perhaps we can find an upcoming talent from Eastern Europe / Scandinavia...

We dropped pickford for many games and Olsen made just as many mistakes. Against Man Utd he was terrible.

I was not fortunate enough to witness us during the Neville Southall days but I’m sure he had an off day every now and then and went through a bad spell? Can anyone recall?

He’s had really good moments and really bad moments. Two clean sheets in a row and some good saves in the process maybe the old Pickford is back now.

Status
Not open for further replies.