Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just watching the Ajax - Lille match and Ajax has a young striker, who is supposed to be a big talent: Brian Brobbey. He is out of contract at the end of the season and he doesnt want to renew at Ajax (he is with Mino Raiola). At 18 years old he is a very interesting prospect to pick up as a free transfer.
Wants to go to united and Raiola is his agent
Maybe if we move Kean on Raiola will put a word in
Martial, Rashford ,Greenwood all ahead of him at United

The whole world was wrong on the effects covid has had on the economy so far
House prices have risen instead of falling ,because people could save and not spend
Free money given out by Governments all over Europe
However I believe when the life supports to the economy are taken away ,we are going to see a crash bigger than 08
Unless the Governments keep printing money we will see ,record unemployment (especially among the under 25s) ,Businesses going bust left right and Centre
Hospitality and tourism will be devastated ,
Taxes will have to rise to pay back the so called free money
If that scenario happen then transfer fees are only going one way and quickly at that
Mbappe , Neymar ,Haarland and their ilk will still be big money but the rest no way
Clubs will need to sell to prevent them going to the wall, they will not be able to buy so for the clubs that can spend there will be better value

In terms of the wider economy, I wonde rif we will see a mixture of printing lots of money, inflation and a fair bit of borrowing, to do what happened after 08 in a much more measured way.

Football however is not as insulated. Football basically benefitted from big foreign TV deals and City being bough out and spending loads of cash. I don't think there are two equivalent events to keep it going. The wider trends are also worrying for football, you do sense the TV deal is at it's upper end, and travel will become more difficult, so people taking up the premium seats over the next couple of years will be down a fair bit. Lots of football clubs have also built up big debt over the last 12 months too.
I do think, in honesty, the transfer market was slowing up a bit before the pandemic. And most of the biggest teams require a growing market to help them comply with FFP.

As for the final point, premium tends to remain strong. I think players under 25 will hold value best, you can hold them through the recession and hopefully get to the other end. Probably younger players the most. Haaland and Mbappe certainly will. Although in honesty, even Mbappe, maybe 2 months ago, Liverpool might have been to out some sortof deal to him, maybe Real Madrid could have signed him, I'm not sure even they will be able to do so.

So essentially I think spending down, prices to inevitably follow, but as you say "premium" to hold value, and the closer a player is to 20 the more they will hold value (with the closer to 30 being the opposite). Some other trends, teams in France, players whi have shorter contracts, players at clubs who are particularly exposed could also drop. As they say, if teams are desperate to sell, prices will be slashed.

I'm in sales now, we have dropped prices 30-35% in the last 6 months. You have the theory but needs must. We are taking any margin for now, getting people on board, probably to aggressively up costs in 12 months if we can with even existing clients.

Big swerve if Raiola is his agent. The bloke is a cockroach, he'll be unsettling the player to push for a move after a couple of seasons

Ings a great player but a huge risk - there is nothing more daft than injury prone cover. Matip for example

Yes very fair and a great point that mate.

His injury record lately has been pretty good, and even though it took 2-3 years, he does look like he came through that knee injury. You'd be taking a gamble for sure with Ings. I like him though, and could certainly play in a 2.

And when Kean goes, for a big fee, he will have a handy pay off. Job done for him. He will see see it as a positive.

Ings 29 and injury prone ,I cannot see a long queue for him at anything above 10-15m considering his wages

With 12 months left as well. I mean everyone will have their own opinion, and thats all mine is. Nobody is right as it's just a guess. Mine is, £10-£15 would be right, at the lower end.

Southampton have had some financial difficulties too, and need to sell. I'm not sure they will let Ings walk out on a free or nominal amount in January (ah la King).

I think another point to add, is some managers know how to manage older players. Look how Carlo uses James, Sigurdsson, Allan, Coleman (when he was here) Baines. He's tacticslly astute and you sense genuinely values the experience they bring. He would not be sticking Liverpool's front 3 out the way they are as Klopp is, he would have moved them about a bit, tweeked to get the most from them.

In recent games we’ve seen James behind DCL and Siggurdsson behind DCL.
In them systems because of the lack of work rate and because they are quite slow, we morph into this 442 anyway and Richarlison becomes a left midfield. It’s a total waste of his talents.

I’d go a diamond, With Davies sitting Allan right, Doucoure left and James at the tip.

In certain games, like Chelsea away. Maybe ancelotti tweaks the system. Leaves James out amd goes to a back 5 so we can keep the 2 upfront. I know Liverpool didn’t have great CB’s at the end. But still Richarlison & DCL looked so dangerous
Is this the same Davies who, less than 2 months ago, wasn't even worthy of a place in our squad?

Big swerve if Raiola is his agent. The bloke is a cockroach, he'll be unsettling the player to push for a move after a couple of seasons

Get what your saying, but if we get him on a free, he bangs in 50 goals over 3 seasons, helps us make CL then we sell him for £60m its worth it

Not saying this lad is amazing as I have never seen him but I wouldnt turn down a big prospect over his agent.

What is Watford need to sell and nobody is willing to pay 40/50?

We will see on Ings, I can't see anyone paying it for him at 29. Could be right though mate! Be interesting to see.
If Watford need to sell and if only one club are interested then of course that drives the price down.

Will that happen ? Unlikely. Could it happen ? Possibly

I was just watching the Ajax - Lille match and Ajax has a young striker, who is supposed to be a big talent: Brian Brobbey. He is out of contract at the end of the season and he doesnt want to renew at Ajax (he is with Mino Raiola). At 18 years old he is a very interesting prospect to pick up as a free transfer.
I'd be wary of Ajax given that they sold us that World class player called Davy Klassen.

I'd be wary of Ajax given that they sold us that World class player called Davy Klassen.
If he is any good Brands will know
The Kean saga means we have an in there if Brands wants it
I have no problem as was said earlier in taking a free transfer (paying Raiola 10m ) and selling for 40-60m later on

Status
Not open for further replies.