Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you have this idea that prices will drop, a lot, its not something I buy into personally.

I think most prices will stay high, but clubs will buy less.

And we wont see come the summer, cos I doubt Ings leaves Saints and Watford will probably get promoted.

It's just a theory mate, and as you say it might not be true. And look the amount of money spent, may recover. Fans back in stadiums etc etc, who knows. Just my feeling.

I do think if money starts to fall or values do, it will be on specific profiles of player. Clubs short of cash and players approach 30 are to watch out for. Players over 30, in essence have no real value now. There is virtually no fees for them. The big dig is probably going to start at 26 upwards and be really sharp 28-30 (again just my view).

I do understand what you say, clubs buy less. From an economistic viewpoint though, if clubs buy less, there is less money being spent which means people who need to sell have to adjust accordingly. You take buyers out of any market and prices tend to follow. Footballs odd, as it often bucks fairly standard economic rules, but I'm not sure it will this summer.

As you rightly say though, it's just a theory, and I am by no means any sort of economist!

Proble with 2 upfront is the other midfielders have to compensate with James lack of pressing
I am more than fine fine with James doing no pressing once he spreads sexy football all over the pitch but he needs to be covered
4-2-3-1- gives cover for the central areas where James would play
Allan-Doucoure
New RW James Ricarlison
DCL
I agree I think Ricarlison is a better finisher than DCL but to play him upfront either with or without DCL would cause problems elsewhere on the pitch
I am not a fan of 3 at the back unless the players are brought up in the system and you would need 4 ( 2 each side ) exceptionally good really fast WBs , as its a very demanding position to play week in week out
In recent games we’ve seen James behind DCL and Siggurdsson behind DCL.
In them systems because of the lack of work rate and because they are quite slow, we morph into this 442 anyway and Richarlison becomes a left midfield. It’s a total waste of his talents.

I’d go a diamond, With Davies sitting Allan right, Doucoure left and James at the tip.

In certain games, like Chelsea away. Maybe ancelotti tweaks the system. Leaves James out amd goes to a back 5 so we can keep the 2 upfront. I know Liverpool didn’t have great CB’s at the end. But still Richarlison & DCL looked so dangerous

I think it will still depend on how he plays out the season. One good game doesn’t change the fact he’s been very average for 2 seasons.

He will need to be virtually perfect from here till the end of the season
Oh he has and one game does'nt change anything but Carlo always seems to go back to him, i just reckon he will still be our keeper at the start of next season, we will see.

What do you reckon Watford would sell for if they don't get promoted, and Southampton if Ings doesn't sign a deal mate (with only 1 year left).
I think Sarr's valuation will be broadly similar regardless of whether Watford get promoted. What possibly changes is whether Watford have to sell to balance the books if they remain in the Championship but that imperative is mitigated if ( as would be the case with Sarr ) if you have more than 1 team interested in him.

I think that he would probably go for £40 / 50 million.

Ings had a wonderful goalscoring record last seaon but has had injuries this , and that must be worrying given his injury record. However even taking that into account and with only 12 months on his contract you wouldn't get him for less than £25 million.

Last edited:
I know you have this idea that prices will drop, a lot, its not something I buy into personally.

I think most prices will stay high, but clubs will buy less.

And we wont see come the summer, cos I doubt Ings leaves Saints and Watford will probably get promoted.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see the market get pulled totally out of shape this coming window. The reduction in income has to have consequences.

Transfers to the mega clubs will likely command at least as much as they have been, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the gears start to snarl up a little in the next rung down - where we do our business.

Clubs will want to get the pre-pandemic value for the players they are selling, but there are inevitably going to be fewer takers. So I think that’s the point at which everything grinds to a halt for a while, and few deals get done.

That is until the end of the window, when we’ll see a buying and selling frenzy as realism starts to win out and clubs have to sell at lower prices to fund the players they need to buy - and clear out what players they can on wages that are no longer as affordable.

I mean... for one, he didn't. They lost that final.

Two, it has absolutely nothing to do with Raphinha being good at togger.
Yes sorry that is because I have no real interest in any other team than the blues ,I seem to remember him saying he was one of the best 11 players in the world -maybe it was 22 but anyway we all know that it was as wrong as I was .
The other comment was when you said he helped his team win in Europe that was why I posted the comment about Heitinga ,meaning that because he played in the side doesn't really prove his accurate worth.

Yes sorry that is because I have no real interest in any other team than the blues ,I seem to remember him saying he was one of the best 11 players in the world -maybe it was 22 but anyway we all know that it was as wrong as I was .
The other comment was when you said he helped his team win in Europe that was why I posted the comment about Heitinga ,meaning that because he played in the side doesn't really prove his accurate worth.

Okay... but he was objectively good in France last season, is my point.

He was a key player in Rennes – a smallish team – getting into the Champions League.

It's just a theory mate, and as you say it might not be true. And look the amount of money spent, may recover. Fans back in stadiums etc etc, who knows. Just my feeling.

I do think if money starts to fall or values do, it will be on specific profiles of player. Clubs short of cash and players approach 30 are to watch out for. Players over 30, in essence have no real value now. There is virtually no fees for them. The big dig is probably going to start at 26 upwards and be really sharp 28-30 (again just my view).

I do understand what you say, clubs buy less. From an economistic viewpoint though, if clubs buy less, there is less money being spent which means people who need to sell have to adjust accordingly. You take buyers out of any market and prices tend to follow. Footballs odd, as it often bucks fairly standard economic rules, but I'm not sure it will this summer.

As you rightly say though, it's just a theory, and I am by no means any sort of economist!
The whole world was wrong on the effects covid has had on the economy so far
House prices have risen instead of falling ,because people could save and not spend
Free money given out by Governments all over Europe
However I believe when the life supports to the economy are taken away ,we are going to see a crash bigger than 08
Unless the Governments keep printing money we will see ,record unemployment (especially among the under 25s) ,Businesses going bust left right and Centre
Hospitality and tourism will be devastated ,
Taxes will have to rise to pay back the so called free money
If that scenario happen then transfer fees are only going one way and quickly at that
Mbappe , Neymar ,Haarland and their ilk will still be big money but the rest no way
Clubs will need to sell to prevent them going to the wall, they will not be able to buy so for the clubs that can spend there will be better value

In recent games we’ve seen James behind DCL and Siggurdsson behind DCL.
In them systems because of the lack of work rate and because they are quite slow, we morph into this 442 anyway and Richarlison becomes a left midfield. It’s a total waste of his talents.

I’d go a diamond, With Davies sitting Allan right, Doucoure left and James at the tip.

In certain games, like Chelsea away. Maybe ancelotti tweaks the system. Leaves James out amd goes to a back 5 so we can keep the 2 upfront. I know Liverpool didn’t have great CB’s at the end. But still Richarlison & DCL looked so dangerous
To the bit in bold
No width unless you have 2 excellent attacking full backs and 2 good replacements
Because if one gets injured /suspended then it all falls apart

To the bit in bold
No width unless you have 2 excellent attacking full backs and 2 good replacements
Because if one gets injured /suspended then it all falls apart
Though it does potentially offer fluidity, if you play a attacking mid who’s comfortable on the wing then you can have it morph between the diamond and a 433 at different points in the game

I think Sarr's valuation will be broadly similar regardless of whether Watford get promoted. What possibly changes is whether Watford have to sell to balance the books if they remain in the Championship but that imperative is mitigated if ( as would be the case with Sarr ) if you have more than 1 team interested in him.

I think that he would probably go for £40 / 50 million.

Ings had a wonderful goalscoring record last seaon but has had injuries this , and that must be worrying given his injury record. However even taking that into account and with only 12 months on his contract you wouldn't get him for less than £25 million.

What is Watford need to sell and nobody is willing to pay 40/50?

We will see on Ings, I can't see anyone paying it for him at 29. Could be right though mate! Be interesting to see.

I was just watching the Ajax - Lille match and Ajax has a young striker, who is supposed to be a big talent: Brian Brobbey. He is out of contract at the end of the season and he doesnt want to renew at Ajax (he is with Mino Raiola). At 18 years old he is a very interesting prospect to pick up as a free transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.