Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well today’s seemed like the longest day of my life the hours of listening to talk sport to the refreshing of Everton news on google to refreshing on here to sign Gana which was drawn out and Garner what was apparently done last night, feeling rather disappointed

Played 3 CMs most recently.

Garner, Gana, Onana, Iwobi and Doucoure are the only viable options. Davies will get minutes in a pinch. Lampard seems like he’d rather take pins to the eyes before playing Allan. I’d say we’ve got just about what we need in that area.

He obviously stands by McNeil, and rates Gordon exceptionally highly. Gray will be first backup, Iwobi will probably be asked to fill in out wide on occasion. Agree that’s where we’re shortest.

Gordon, McNeil and Dominic Calvert-Lewin/Maupay being able to get a good number between them are the hills that Frank has chosen to die on. Fair play to the guy. Knows what he wants.
Patterson will probably also provide cover for McNeil/Right Midfield/Wing, with Seamus back fit

Wearing my albeit tarnished hat of optimism I think the players we have brought in will make us stronger and more competitive and given their average age - leaving aside Tarks and Gueye - there is potential there for the future. A further and alternative striker to Rondon would certainly have been preferable given DCL's current fragility but generally I am content...not deliriously happy, but content.

They may prove me wrong but I would rather our approach even it was imposed than Forest's scattergun approach.

They filled the void of a lad who scored 10 goals with a lad who scored 8, OH THE HUMANITY. Seriously through Richarlison was obviously very good for us and we never gonna get a like for like replacement.

Maupay and McNeil will be far better pairing for us in the long term than effectively Rondon and Richarlison which is what has gone on with the forward options. Add onto this that Gordon will seemingly go up another level too, as well as Calvert Lewin being fit.
Very optimistic. That's at the outer edges of plausibility though.

If DCL was to return from injury only to break down again the dynamic of this squad goes south rapidly. That's why not reinforcing with a goal scorer - even a Championship one such as Diaz - is a massive gamble - one which I'd say our EPL future is relying upon,

Status
Not open for further replies.