Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm genuinely annoyed that we didn't follow up on Matheus Pereira. Having him in on loan would have given us depth and experience in the two places we lack it the most: wide right and advanced attacking midfield (the no.10 spot, for want of a better description), and would have been minimal risk.
Isn’t he at Fulham?

Balance of squad is all wrong.

So many midfielders when lampard’s preferred system only plays two of them.

No options out wide to change a game.

Hope I’m wrong but feel they have focused too long in the wrong areas and neglected what really matters to win games - creativity and goals.
Played 3 CMs most recently.

Garner, Gana, Onana, Iwobi and Doucoure are the only viable options. Davies will get minutes in a pinch. Lampard seems like he’d rather take pins to the eyes before playing Allan. I’d say we’ve got just about what we need in that area.

He obviously stands by McNeil, and rates Gordon exceptionally highly. Gray will be first backup, Iwobi will probably be asked to fill in out wide on occasion. Agree that’s where we’re shortest.

Gordon, McNeil and DCL/Maupay being able to get a good number between them are the hills that Frank has chosen to die on. Fair play to the guy. Knows what he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.