Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's possible to acknowledge that things aren't necessarily easy without claiming that we've executed a well organised plan and achieved a lot though, which the post that's replying to suggested. We are after all talking about a window in which we've sold a key attacking player and played 5 games without any sort of replacement coming in, nevermind an improvement. There are positives to take from recent games, but there are a scary number of people making out like this has been a great window when we haven't actually managed to win a game yet.
Fair enough, mate, but in my (not expert by any means) view, our revised team looks a fair bit better than last season, even with the outstanding Richarlison gap. If we get a couple more front options today, I'd say the raw material that Lampard has to work with is substantially better than last season. The proof of that pudding will be in the eventual eating, obviously.

People will laugh at this but it's not far off - the margins are slim.
Aye it’s not far off. But even without those additions there’s already been enough recruiting done to avoid a relegation battle. The caveat is injuries of course. When you add Mina, Godfrey, Holgate and most importantly DCL to that squad then I’m sorry, but if we’re battling relegation again the manager has failed.

Yeah I've said this a lot mate, but I meant the margins are so slim a few signings can make such a difference. 3 players could make the difference between relegation scrap and comfortable mid table because there's not a lot between them.
Agreed mate, I genuinely feel that if we had a goalscorer of DCL was fit we’d currently be on 10 points which shows how fine the margins are between 3 and 10 points

Yeah I've said this a lot mate, but I meant the margins are so slim a few signings can make such a difference. 3 players could make the difference between relegation scrap and comfortable mid table because there's not a lot between them.
yep agree with that.

a lot hinges on what business we do today.

Gonna put it out there, we will sign no attackers today. It will get to about 8pm and we will end up with rondons older brother on a free.

If you put all the wham in here end to end it would stretch around Goats Equator and Chicos Moon seven times.
1662023396945.png

Status
Not open for further replies.