Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen some stuff there a while ago that Chelsea might be considering terminating Batshuayi’s contract like they did Barkley’s. I’d definitely pick up him for free on low wages if they do that as another option for a year or two.

Obviously I wouldn’t take him as an alternative to a wide forward coming in like Gakpo or Chukwueze but think he’d be a handy little addition to the squad in place of Rondon for example.

spiderman(1)(2).jpg

We will sign Gueye and Garner and that’s your lot.

When you think about it our forward options are:

Maupay
Gordon
Gray
McNeil
Dom (in a couple of weeks)
Rondon

They will look at that and be fairly content till January.
Rondon is off to Turkey, plus I think Allan will go to Roma, Gomez will do a Tosun unfortunately.

Agree with Gana and Garner but there will will be another maybe two, one on loan. Will be a creative midfielder or a winger so the rumours over Kudus or Chucky person may be correct.

Plus a loan/ purchase for a forward

So going for four in

We need some ins / we need some outs but many years of transfer deadline days have conditioned me to expect to be disappointed and frustrated.
I will certainly be making a “judgement “ at the end of the window ….but we need something tomorrow to make up for 5 games with no wins / no striker and no clean sheets.

Knowing everton like I do it will likely go like this. We will sign garner. Gueye will have some sort of issue joining and fall through at the last minute. Chukweze will be negotiated all day but the deal will hit a brick wall.

We will have links with broja joining on loan at lunch time and that will run through until the end and then we will be advised that it never was on in the first place.

Finally Gilmour will be announced on loan an hour after the deadline as the clubs way of thinking all is well.

We will sign Gueye and Garner and that’s your lot.

When you think about it our forward options are:

Maupay
Gordon
Gray
McNeil
Dom (in a couple of weeks)
Rondon

They will look at that and be fairly content till January.
I don't think that is enough and the club is taking a huge risk if they think it is. Yes if DCL can get fit and stay fit then it could be enough but you can't guarantee it given his recent injury record.

Status
Not open for further replies.