Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add a forward to Gana + Garner tomorrow and in terms of business alone, it would be hard to criticize them overall and I thought this window had carnage written all over it. We need that one extra though. Still too light up top for me.
We have recruited well for once, bar the inexplicable signing of McNeil but we will still be mired in a relegation battle without more forward options. We are shocking up there.

By the sounds of what Bobble had to say on his podcast, I wouldn't expect a forward to come in - which terrifies me. He didn't say definitively that no striker would come in, but he made it clear that there is nothing remotely close.

I want to see at least 3 'Confirmed Signing' threads in here by this time tomorrow and I won't accept any less than a hat-trick from each of them on Saturday.

We are lacking stardust. A quality technician as a squad option would have been useful. Iwobi is much improved but to rely on him over the course of the season to be your creative hub is a big ask. I do acknowledge the risk though of bringing in a bad character into the ranks
Agree with that although I think it probably just is the way it is at the moment. Think Lampard will probably be looking to train Gray and Gordon to be less selfish, especially once we start playing with a striker. I don't think we'll have an out and out creative genius in the squad but I think Gray, Gordon, McNeil and hopefully the new forward should be aiming for 5+ goals and 5+ assists each at least. If we can spread goals around like that it negates the need for individual brilliance which we'll lack.

If I were at the club I'd be challenging every single player aside from the keepers to get 3 goals and 3 assists or just more simply put 6 goal involvements, that's how we succeed in my opinion and I fully believe everyone is capable of it, maybe some are capable of just that but most will be capable of more and it'll all balance out. Spreading goals around like that also makes the team look more dangerous so it doesn't just become a case of the oppostion simply doubling up and marking one player out of a game which would effectively nullify us. Obviously I could be talking out of my arse but this is how I would plan our success.

we still have 1 domestic loan space

anyone else thinking either gallagher, broja or gilmore on loan?
We won’t go for another midfielder I don’t think. Chelsea should keep hold of Broja too, offers something for them up top which Havertz can’t do.

Possibility of the Everton media team doing a "funny" dual announcement with Gana/Garner, using, perhaps, the Spiderman pointing at each other meme?

Status
Not open for further replies.