Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antony to Utd is done. Maybe Ajax will now be in a position where they can use the next couple days to replace him and will be more willing to let Kudus leave?

I think the owner, board and DofF know they would all be lynched if Gordon left now without replacements. It's not like he's going on strike either.

They'll also be able to sell him before June 30 next year to balance the FFP books if they need to.

Would take something pretty ridiculous now. The fantasy Gallagher / Broja / 25m offer was pure nonsense, but not far off what would be required with 2 days to go.

Now thats in the public domain the club would be under some pressure to refuse anything below that...no matter how false.

It says "Chelsea are still hopeful of signing Anthony Gordon before the deadline."

Gentle reminder @DanEFC92 , the milkman always delivers :p

Looking forward to Thursday

dale-winton-2.jpg

Hello there Professor Xavier - how do you know what I think it shows? I said he creates the most amount of chances from open play (outside of top six) you then replied with a different stat,

Wild that you also don't know Jack Harrison is.

Anyway, if you look across our stats we're relatively high for total shots, shots on target, touches in the opposition box (again when compared minus top six). I'd also expect an increase in our 'big chances' when you have an actual striker in the box to aim for/at. A big chance is defined as "A situation where a player should reasonably be expected to score, usually in a one on one scenario or from very close range when the ball has a clear path to goal and there is low to moderate pressure on the shooter" - this type of chances will generally fall to a striker.
Hello Wolverine.

I dont really need to look across our stats, ive watched the games and I personally feel we lack creativity in the side, you clearly think Iwobi is enough, I disagree, thats fine.

Yours sincerely
Professor Xavier

Would like to see us bring in an attacking player (for the love of god not Hwang / Almiron / Dan James etc.) regardless of whether we sell Gordon or not - at this point I don't see Chelsea paying us what we want.

you clearly think Iwobi is enough,
Again, not quite what I said.

Unconscious bias means it is often good to look at stats. Like when people claim a player has given the ball away all game only for it turn out they actually had the highest pass completion rate - it happens quite often.

I agree that we haven't created enough 'big chances' but my opinion based on watching the games and looking at the stats, is that this mainly due to the lack of a striker. A dedicated human body in a goalscoring position. Often we when get it into creative positions, there is no-one in the box. For example, with a mobile striker up top against Villa, we get an equaliser. They instinctively know where to be for a goalscoring opportunity, where as when we have Gordon up front they will naturally look to play off someone (even if they aren't there)

Status
Not open for further replies.