Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been doing a bit more research or viewing of brereton Diaz. Can see why the club are looking at him. Poacher. Physical, threat in the air. Completely different profile to Maupay.

Obviously a step up to be made if we do sign him but can see the attributes as to what’s making it tempting. For the right price could be a decent squad addition.
Lacks the pace to compete at PL level. Very poor with his back to goal. That combo will severely limit his ability to be effective at this level imo. as he will neither be able to get beyond defenders in a foot race, not use his frame to bring others into play.

He does have some positives but too many drawbacks to properly succeed at PL level.

Exactly mate, to my mind we need creativity and threat, we need to make scorable chances, we’re to telegraphed and predictable, easily worked out and defended against - that will only get worse as the season goes on. Playmaker is an absolute priority. I could cope without the wide forward, providing we keep young Flash, though would be nice.
Not far off it though
Maupay DCL Gordon
Iwobi ? Onana

there's the makings of something

Lacks the pace to compete at PL level. Very poor with his back to goal. That combo will severely limit his ability to be effective at this level imo. as he will neither be able to get beyond defenders in a foot race, not use his frame to bring others into play.

He does have some positives but too many drawbacks to properly succeed at PL level.
Agreed. Doesn't matter if you can finish but are a total slug who makes the team have a passenger in games (we've got enough of those). It's not the 80s anymore, in the PL past 10 years only slow forwards that work are those whose link up play and finishing is top level (Giroud and Dzeko) even players of that quality can hamstring a team in its play style options. Ben Brereton Díaz is not the answer for us.

I'm going to say 22 goals a season between them?
With Garnish, all front 6 score
DCL 15
Gordon 9
Maupay 7
Garner 5
Iwobi 4
Onana 3

Okay may take a couple of seasons, but I'm going ride on that fantasy in the twilight of the window

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.