Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

My other half is a Blackpool fan , so I have seen quite a bit of Championship football.
He is certainly clinical (at that level).
I think that he may lack pace at our level (should fit in then !).
I worry that he may have just had a , one off , purple patch.
That said , we need some alternative to DCL , and Maupay , with the 5 subs rule , and inevitable injuries.

View attachment 181010
That was posted in an everton WhatsApp group I’m in
9AA80CE2-12EF-4F84-AD2F-34FDD3F521DC.jpeg

Bet West Ham now have a higher wage bill than us. Should be about to break the ffp?
They get 20k more through the gates than us with higher tickets prices and a ground that they don't have to pay for. They also came 10 or so places above us in the league. They will be fine as long as they stay decent.

I get Adam Armstrong vibes
Exactly. I’ve seen the lad play live myself and one of my best mates is a rovers ST holder. He doesn’t rate him as PL quality and neither do I based on what i saw. He had a purple patch at the beginning of last season. There’s a reason why no PL clubs have been after him this summer, for a pittance by modern day standards. If he comes of course he’ll get my support as does any player that joins the club.

My other half is a Blackpool fan , so I have seen quite a bit of Championship football.
He is certainly clinical (at that level).
I think that he may lack pace at our level (should fit in then !).
I worry that he may have just had a , one off , purple patch.
That said , we need some alternative to Dominic Calvert-Lewin , and Maupay , with the 5 subs rule , and inevitable injuries.
He works hard for rovers, but you are right he lacks the pace and guile required to open up PL defences.

Exactly. I’ve seen the lad play live myself and one of my best mates is a rovers ST holder. He doesn’t rate him as PL quality and neither do I based on what i saw. He had a purple patch at the beginning of last season. There’s a reason why no PL clubs have been after him this summer, for a pittance by modern day standards. If he comes of course he’ll get my support as does any player that joins the club.
Ye I agree it has all the hallmarks of panic buy

Been doing a bit more research or viewing of brereton Diaz. Can see why the club are looking at him. Poacher. Physical, threat in the air. Completely different profile to Maupay.

Obviously a step up to be made if we do sign him but can see the attributes as to what’s making it tempting. For the right price could be a decent squad addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.