Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? Because we need someone in the midfield who can get the ball, and run forward with it. Okay, we all know he’s not amazing and he left us on a sour note, but if he’s available he’s simply better than any of our midfielders at carrying the ball. That’s why.
Having got rid of of dele we are in the market for a player where we are just praying he will turn back the years.
Tbh - 5 subs is a game changer for the type of players we need. Barkley could be a decent squad player depending on his temperament.
If dele was here I’m not sure I would take the risk but given he has been shipped and at the right price and wages I would happy (or at least not unhappy) with Barkley coming in

Gordon - I think Chelsea will come back in given we have a hard on for Broja, I think cash plus loan/swap deal and it's done.

Gakpo - GET IT DONE.

Gueye - I am not that fussed now because he is dragging his feet, his age plus wages potential transfer fee for a 33 year old midfielder.

Garner - GET IT DONE.

Hwang - Not for me just a strange link

Who is this Gakpo fella? Any good and how much would he cost?

Why? Because we need someone in the midfield who can get the ball, and run forward with it. Okay, we all know he’s not amazing and he left us on a sour note, but if he’s available he’s simply better than any of our midfielders at carrying the ball. That’s why.
Only he isn't, he's a rat, he's got no desire to play, he's massively injury prone, he's very much regressed as a player the past three seasons, he'd want a huge contract, and he isn't very good at footy anymore.

It'd be like looking at your meal and thinking it's missing something to then go 'ahh I'll add a huge pile of dog crap to it's that'll make it better'

Ornstein article revealing the following:

- Gordon unlikely - big valuation difference
- Cody Gapko - Southampton, Leicester and Everton interested. Southampton most concrete, but Everton are keen
- Gueye - top priority, deal agreed, but still waiting for player to sort out terms with PSG. Willing to walk away if it doesn't change soon
- Garner - our other main priority
- Hwang - he linked us as a forward option on loan, but would mean Coady deal would need to be made perm

Overall the article suggests we want two midfielders (inc Gueye and two forwards.

If we could somehow add Gapko without losing Gordon that would be some improvement to our attack, doubt Brands is about to do us any favours on a loan with option/obligation though despite us loaning them Braithwaite.

Status
Not open for further replies.