Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we working on a deal if Frank has to decide if he wants this player. Probably meannig this diaz guy is the back up in case another signing doest happen
Not necessarily. Transfers depend on each other.

E.g. if Gordon is sold, I would not be surprised if we will see an Everton team that often plays 352. If that is the plan, they should try to sign two strikers the upcoming days. And you would rather look for an attacking midfielder than wide players.

If the club keeps Gordon, it makes sense to keep playing 343. As there should be no place for Gordon in the starting eleven if Everton play 352. Meaning the transfer target should be a striker with similar profile as DCL.

How the team will play this season depends on both outgoings and what players are available to sign.

The only way he fits for me mate and i wonder if this was the thinking, is most teams seem to be setting up with a 3-4-2-1, - with 2, No 10s behind the striker.
Agree, he doesn’t seem to have much pace but maybe playing in behind would work? I absolutely hate the 3-4-3 or 5-2-3 with the wide attackers, maybe it’s just the way we play it? Seems to give us overloads in areas that don’t hurt the opposition….. I dunno?

You need to go and rewatch those matches pal. Up until Allan and Doucoure got hurt we were in the top 6. Ancelotti changed tactics at that point, not before.
I'm down to blame Ancelotti if that's where you want to go but the midfield fell apart during that season

Agree, he doesn’t seem to have much pace but maybe playing in behind would work? I absolutely hate the 3-4-3 or 5-2-3 with the wide attackers, maybe it’s just the way we play it? Seems to give us overloads in areas that don’t hurt the opposition….. I dunno?
I think the overloads might not hurt as a result of the crap players performing them

Status
Not open for further replies.