Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
RMC are usually very reliable for PSG

This is prob the angle that’s been worked all along. PSG are a bit desperate to off load a few players.

When Moshiri said judge us at the end of the window, did he say which window?!
He was actually being very literal. When he said it, we were standing centrally at the window and complaining about our transfers. We could have judged him this whole time if we just moved down a bit.

See picture below for exact place we can judge.
004C8D70-0794-42E7-8CED-C8E12C7BB750.jpeg

Not the highest tier of targets, but maybe saves room for more additions or a larger fee player if the Gordon deal goes forward. The age on both and rumored prices are broadly speaking the right rationale and target area. Don't know much on Garner besides his loan to forest, but if an identified prospect I can accept it. Cheap and young offers a lot more room for mistakes or just the likes of those players transitioning to squad players. Collectively if the joint fee is in the mid high 20s its decent work even if id personally would have looked maybe elsewhere.

Last edited:
What did he get wrong? we set up deals with both clubs then developments emerged that changed the situation football deals aren't static things happen, gueye had a disagreement with compensation which complicated things and then ajax noticed there was a n abundance of interest for kudus and waffled on the deal
I was just kidding; apologies...

I'm down to blame Ancelotti if that's where you want to go but the midfield fell apart during that season
Blame?

Ancelotti's tactics had us in the top six for half the season. When Allan and Doucoure got hurt he was forced to change those tactics and we dropped down the table.

He didn't change the tactics on a whim. The two CMs he signed to upgrade our midfield that summer - successfully - both got hurt. His winning tactics couldn't be replicated with a midfield of Gomes, Davies and Sigurdsson; hardly a surprise and certainly not a criticism.

RMC are usually very reliable for PSG

Gana on a free appeals to me MUCH more than Gana for £8m.

Get them all to Turkey

If we could get Gbamin, Dele and Allan off the wage bill that's probably 12-13m off the annual wage bill, plus 10m we don't have to budget for Dele's appearances, even without any fees being received, even with fairly nominal transfer / loan fees that's £25m saved.

Probably means we can do some half-decent business even without selling Gordon, and if Gordon goes we could see some serious spending- it may even be that the 25m we've apparently offered for both MGW or Pedro is in the existing pre-Gordon budget rather than dependent on a sale. Obviously a lot of the money saved on wages goes back on in wages when we sign players but if the deals are reasonably structured there should still be quite a lot to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.