Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’d sell Everton’s family jewels just to be able to do them little formation things with players you’ve seen only on YouTube and claim to solve Everton’s problems, when YOU’RE the problem.

I genuinely really want Everton to get relegated so I can come and vault all these posts to watch your squirm and try to deflect it to Kenwright.
What formation would you set the posts up in?

You’d sell Everton’s family jewels just to be able to do them little formation things with players you’ve seen only on YouTube and claim to solve Everton’s problems, when YOU’RE the problem.

I genuinely really want Everton to get relegated so I can come and vault all these posts to watch your squirm and try to deflect it to Kenwright.

Lots of Everton fans are just obsessed with signing players, so would happily see our good players sold so we can get new ones. They don't care who we sign, as long as they are football players. Then they can go on social media and tell everyone how buzzing they are, how much they had scouted the player, and how we have now won the transfer market.

Then we end up in a relegation battle, but they just shout bedwetter at fans who are upset with the recruitment. But demand more new players anyway because they want more shiny new players and are bored of the ones we got the last summer.

lol

Why are we looking at decent players like Maupay and Adams when the likes of Haaland, Lukaku and Lewandowski were available this summer? I know we almost got relegated last season with one of our worst front lines in our history and no one in their right mind should want to come to us but I don't like looking at alright players from better sides than us, I'd rather us chase players we don't have chance with all summer so that I can spend the rest of the season moaning that we didn't get them.

Adams and Maupay outscored every single one of our players except Richarlison last year but I don't care because they're crap and don't improve us, actually the make us worse! I've found some 17 year old in the Swiss second division that's played 2 games professionally and he's much better, will only cost us £68m too which is nothing. The club needs to show some ambition and get the players that I want, not the players that they've professionally scouted for the positions that we're lacking in over the course of months.
The ‘they’ve been professionally scouted’ argument is poor really. Both because it effectively makes every single post on here redundant if you follow that logic and because the ‘professionally scouted’ players we’ve bought over the last few years have seen us go from being a fixture in the top 8 with genuine top 4 ambitions every season to being a bottom half regular starting the season just aiming to stay up. But knock yourself out acting like you’re too clever for the rest of us to comprehend.

Yeah we've gone from Lukaku and no one, and Richarlison and no one to hopefully Calvert Lewin and someone decent. At no point have I, or anyone else, suggested Maupay or Adams should be the first choice striker. That's obviously the case.
Effectively that's what they become because of DCL's injuries.

Effectively that's what they become because of DCL's injuries.
1 of the 2 strikers we desperately need, needs to be a long term replacement for DCL because come next summer he'll be the next one to go. A smart club gets the next striker lined up and in place now and gives them a season to settle in, and given Dom's injuries over the last 12 months any players coming in will get plenty of game time.

We need a squad. With the extra subs this season, we need proven premier league players on the bench as well as starters.

We need at least 2 more bench strikers and Adams and Maupay would be OK for this. You wouldn't start them, but they could do a job if you had to use them. They would be signing as not first choice like Vinagre has as DCL is going to be first choice when fit. (Whether that is right is another matter)

The real issue is we need 2 starter wingers as McNeil and Gray are only ok Bench wingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.