Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he was an unpredictable winger, Adams is a hard running forward.
I take your point but I was thinking of the running etc bit.
Here’s what Koeman said about Bolasie in 2016

‘ The Everton manager Koeman said: “Yannick is a player who has been a long time on my radar because he’s the type of winger I like – fast, strong and he can play different positions in the forward line. He’s a really good signing for the club.’

The thing is this is real life not FIFA. If we keep selling our best players especially after sailing so close to the wind with relegation the inevitable will happen.

The fee is completely irrelevant if the funds arent used with real quality that can hit the ground running. Players from France, Senegal or wherever that havent played in the premier league are a massive risk if they dont make the grade or take time to settle in.

Gordon would benefit our team massively with a clinical striker- driving us up the pitch with his raw pace.

Selling him is like unplugging a leak to try and stop another leak. THE LEAK IS STILL THERE

The thing is this is real life not FIFA. If we keep selling our best players especially after sailing so close to the wind with relegation the inevitable will happen.

The fee is completely irrelevant if the funds arent used with real quality that can hit the ground running. Players from France, Senegal or wherever that havent played in the premier league are a massive risk if they dont make the grade or take time to settle in.

Gordon would benefit our team massively with a clinical striker- driving us up the pitch with his raw pace.

Selling him is like unplugging a leak to try and stop another leak. THE LEAK IS STILL THERE

So are players who've played in the PL, just look at McNeil.

lol lol

Gordon has potential but lacks of end product at the moment. Richy was our best player.

Quite crazy really the potential transformation in the team that could occur between now and the end of the window.

In terms of starters, we may end up only with Pickford, Holgate, Iwobi, and erm.......DCL and that's only since January, and the rest changed inside one window.

That amount of churn would cause a lot of concern, as it must do for Nott. Forest although not quite on their scale.

But given our starting point, it's more of an opportunity than a concern when all is said and done.

I think it would put pressure on though to do better than merely avoid relegation.

You would have to expect time to bed in that amount of new players as a cohesive unit, but I'd be disappointed if the sum total of that effort was another relegation fight. We'd have to be very comfortable in mid-table at least and looking to push past 50 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.