Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

We need to get off footie manager and come into the real world . The window so far has surpassed my expectations that’s for sure so I can’t see Threwell or Frank ruining such a good window by bringing in someone that won’t fit into our style of play going forward . Alan Myers said he was “ one of many “ on a list so yes this could be paper talk , agents angling for a move for his client but we I feel have to trust the process . If we could get 3/4/5 out the door this has been a magnificent window !!

Maybe I'm wrong and there's more to the guy, but what I see there is a Championship player scoring goals against Championship defenders and goalkeepers that he wouldn't in the premier league.

DCL should be back 4-6 weeks but the games come thick and fast and we can't rely on DCL not getting another injury. Do we really think that guy has the quality to be a starting striker in the PL? That's the standard really, not "better than Rondon". Just my opinion but when you look at the other 19 teams, that guy would be among the worst starting strikers in the league.

Give me Rondon over the Swede on a panic buy TBH. If we’re paying £15m for him I’d much rather put that money towards Terrier or Brereton Diaz

Last edited:
Need one this week not in 3 weeks, unless ur happy writing off the first few games
As bad as it may sound we have Rondon until the end of the window, anytime between then and now is the time for a replacement. There’s absolutely no benefit to us panicking now and getting the first one in that’ll come to us.

We didn’t panic on the midfield when we could’ve ended up with Winks and Barkley, we waited and got Onana and Gana instead.

Thelwell and Lampard have earned our trust in regards to transfers so far, I trust them to get the right man in for a forward, I’d prefer to have Rondon up top for the next 3 or 4 games than the next 15 because the lad they bring in this week is no better than him because he was the first one we can rush through.

This would be the dream scenario I’d say. Not sure if we’d have the £20m+ they’d be looking for but if we could structure something now that the channels are open with this Gana transfer, which they’ll see as doing them a favour as they want rid of him too.

Think based off of everything I’ve seen of him he’d be someone that would not only provide an option even if DCL is fit, he could be someone that could take his place in the team, competition is fantastic for our squad, especially up top.

Apparently Leeds are after him, I’d do the exact same thing that we did to West Ham with Onana, match their offer exactly and make him see that we’re the better option.

Status
Not open for further replies.