Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted yesterday
Vault me if I'm wrong or close my account t come September 2nd

We will not spend hardly anything
And will be lucky to get a loan out of most prem teams

That's from a very very well established agent who has had several high profile clients at the club during moshiris reign he is also blue who I trust and is deeply worried from what he knows and hears on that level he works and wheel and deals

The club may well find themselves black balled ny other clubs due to ffp flirtations and other clubs fuming at the lack of punishment
Screenshot_20220809-073930_Facebook.jpg

:coffee:

News that both West Ham and Newcastle have been knocked back in loan offers in the past two days for Gallagher.

Still think this will be a late addition for us actually - after Chelsea add a new centre mid

I have laboured this point on here many times, I`m not a fan of the 5-2-3, it is very limited and only a handful have ever got it to work. Brighton started to go away from it last season and Wolves are going away from it this season. The only teams using it week in week out is Chelsea and Spurs who have very expensive players to make it work.

A far as I`m aware Conte is the only coach to win the PL playing with a back 3/5, 4-3-3 is the way forward IMO..... anyway Frank will go the route he thinks is best, we just got to try and get behind him and have faith in him and his very good back room staff.
It's a subtle difference, but I actually think we may play 5-3-2 away from home with Onana and Gueye now in.

Those two alongside Iwobi, with Dele off a striker, with the wingbacks providing the width. I think that variation would be a real solid proposition....

It's a subtle difference, but I actually think we may play 5-3-2 away from home with Onana and Gueye now in.

Those two alongside Iwobi, with Dele off a striker, with the wingbacks providing the width. I think that variation would be a real solid proposition....

The two I have a sneaky feeling we'll get would be Gallagher on loan late on and Kalimuendo on loan or a structured payment we can handle - both suit the 5-3-2

Last edited:
Unfortunately as much as I agree with too many players ordinarily, this squad needs that many to make us competitive. We definitely need a striker because until we get a proper one in we will lose games we could win simply due to firing blanks. The injuries need to calm down mind.
In reality the true squad will, I.e. the one actually prepared for games will be smaller. The likes of Gbamin and Gomes will certainly be sidelined along with Nkounkou with Townsend and Godfrey long term injuries and Mina joining them for a month every time he plays 30 minutes.

How and why mate

We've already brought in a lot of players

Some need to leave tbh i.e. gomes

Why - simple answer - because we had a massive amount of 'needs' going into this window and step by step we have filled each one, all window it's been clear we've wanted to add a striker and a midfielder whose a scoring threat and gets forward a lot.

I don't see a reason we will now go 'nah let's not bother'.

How - we have a domestic loan spot obviously we have kept open for a Chelsea player.

We have an intentional loan spot still open and pretty sure we've got enough left to do a decent structured payment still on one 20-30m player.

We'll shift the deadwood primarily on loans when the windows closer to ending.

Reactions: SPW

Status
Not open for further replies.