Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

It's also telling he's been unemployed for over a month now and no one has gone for him.

Just looked at his stats and it seems last season was the only times he’s been injured, yet managed 22 games, scoring & goals. In prior seasons he seems to have played in 35 league games every season.

He’s been linked with loads throughout the summer and maybe he was waiting to find the right move instead of rushing? Got a good move to Roma but be interesting to see if he gets much game time with Abraham there.

Yes.

It's also telling he's been unemployed for over a month now and no one has gone for him.

He's going Roma and if reports are to believed was being chased by Juve and Arsenal too. I reckon him and his agent sat weighing up their options after an extended summer holiday to get the best deal.

On a free he'd have been a no brainer.

slowly warming to this lad Dennis at Watford, but as news of this latest injury to DCL drops, any club whose striker were after is going to have our kecks down. This replacement striker should have been done earlier, only our board ones why it wasn't. (n)
You’d think the Person leaking it would acknowledge that, he’s just ramped up the price ten fold for Everton now chasing any striker

Some variants here.....

A) it's not a real injury, just saving myself for the next club.
B) it's, as you base it, a recurrence of the quad injury
C) it's another injury/ knock not related to the quad problem
D) it's lampard trolling Chelsea's line -up.

All possible.....

…it’s certainly not (A), he’s a good lad.

The thing is with these big muscle injuries is that players subconsciously protect them. It looks at times like they are playing in 3rd gear. We saw it with McCarthy, then when he let the handbrake off for a few games & looked back to his best before it went again in the first half of a big game.

The additional problem with a dodgy quad is an opposition player plunging their knee into it. Painful.

Ok.

How would signing a very injury prone 28yo be a good idea, especially as if he's in a free it means you are gonna pay him top wages

And how if he flops do you sell him to Italy, when they wouldn't sign him on a free? And you're already paying him more in wages then they would have.

Absolute stupidity
The mental gymnastics necessary to make the £10m signing of a 33 year old a no brainer but the free signing of a 28 year old ‘absolute stupidity’ are too much for me to comprehend.

I’m not saying your conclusion is wrong, but your consistency of thought is a little lacking.

He's going Roma and if reports are to believed was being chased by Juve and Arsenal too. I reckon him and his agent sat weighing up their options after an extended summer holiday to get the best deal.

On a free he'd have been a no brainer.
Nothing more certain that he’d instantly become the Italian Brett Angell , if he came here.

…it’s certainly not (A), he’s a good lad.

The thing is with these big muscle injuries is that players subconsciously protect them. It looks at times like they are playing in 3rd gear. We saw it with McCarthy, then when he let the handbrake off for a few games & looked back to his best before it went again in the first half of a big game.

The additional problem with a dodgy quad is an opposition player plunging their knee into it. Painful.
Sounds like experience talking... My point is there are more explanations.

Not immediately, without facts. One. I.e. he's ruined.

I'd like to agree with you on the good lad part. I think it too. However, footballers now don't see protecting their future or progressing it (financial or otherwise) as being bad....

Status
Not open for further replies.