Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s not a terrible player, though his general stats are pretty woeful, but if he is our Richarlison replacement we are in serious trouble.

…wouldn’t admit to being a ‘big fan’ but I quite like him. If you see Cornets ridiculous miss at Norwich, the thing that stands out is the magnificent cross from McNeil.

He does lack pace but he possesses quality in that wand of a left foot.
Conor Hourihane was available on a free and a fraction of the wages and appears to have the same positive attributes :)

The one thing I’d say about McNeill v Cornet is we have Tarkowski who worked with both day in day out and I’m sure he’ll have been asked for his observations. Might be a factor in us seemingly switching attention from one to the other.

Im against signing McNeill myself.

I still think he has tones of work to do to be a top player, only ever done it in flashes and im not overly convinced he has the head room to improve significantly to be a good investment for us. I thought he struggled last year and wondered had he just peaked.

Also seems a bit weird as hes kind of an old school winger to my mind, so if we are playing wing backs i dont think he has the skill set of an inside forward.

I dont see him pushing us on that much. Hopefully I'm wrong if we get him but just an honest opinion.

Garner on loan? Not linked recently but he seems open to a move this Summer:

“However, for me now because I’ve played two seasons back-to-back, where I’ve been playing games non-stop, I don’t really want to stop that. I want to play week in, week out. That is of course what I want to do."

Making clear his intentions for the future, Garner said: “I want to play for United. Of course that’s obviously my aim. But I feel like if I’m not going to be playing as regularly as I would like to then I’m definitely open to going back on loan to a Premier League side.”

Garner on loan? Not linked recently but he seems open to a move this Summer:

“However, for me now because I’ve played two seasons back-to-back, where I’ve been playing games non-stop, I don’t really want to stop that. I want to play week in, week out. That is of course what I want to do."

Making clear his intentions for the future, Garner said: “I want to play for United. Of course that’s obviously my aim. But I feel like if I’m not going to be playing as regularly as I would like to then I’m definitely open to going back on loan to a Premier League side.”
If we are going to play a 21 year old with no experience in the league, I would rather we benefitted from the upside and not United.

Status
Not open for further replies.