Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree - hence why 10th-12th should see him kept on another season should we make a few signings.

Anything less would see us go down the results road previous managers went down which seen them arguably deserve to lose their jobs.

Sadly a minority seem to want to give Lampard a free pass regardless of what happens next season just so they can carry on their agenda and blame a manager who left last year and an owner who's stepped aside and letting the management team + DOF do their jobs and/or because Lamps first pumps and says the right tings in the media.

I dont like populism in politics nor do I like it in football - ultimately its a results business and every manager who steps into our dugout should be judged accordingly within reason of the circumstances they've walked into.

Do we have any evidence the owner has actually stepped aside to let the management team + DOF get on with it? Just because we haven't had any weird signings like El Ghazi to make it obvious, we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes.

I agree nobody should be given a free pass and I think if lampard has us flirting with relegation and looking unable to win games then he will be replaced. However I actually think 14th-15th would be acceptable given the circumstances, a season similar to what Southampton had last year. They were never really in danger but they just aren't good enough to push higher than that.

We aren't a good team and we don't have much leeway in the transfer market, so this is just the reality at the moment. This is what lampard has inherited.

Rafael inherited a team that was steadily in decline and he decided to gut all the creativity from that team. This meant that lampard inherited a team that was in free fall. Thats the difference.

Do we have any evidence the owner has actually stepped aside to let the management team + DOF get on with it? Just because we haven't had any weird signings like El Ghazi to make it obvious, we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes.

I agree nobody should be given a free pass and I think if lampard has us flirting with relegation and looking unable to win games then he will be replaced. However I actually think 14th-15th would be acceptable given the circumstances, a season similar to what Southampton had last year. They were never really in danger but they just aren't good enough to push higher than that.

We aren't a good team and we don't have much leeway in the transfer market, so this is just the reality at the moment. This is what lampard has inherited.

Rafael inherited a team that was steadily in decline and he decided to gut all the creativity from that team. This meant that lampard inherited a team that was in free fall. Thats the difference.

If we dont spend another penny, fail to replace Richarlison then I would agree with you.

I do think though that we'll bring in another 3-4 this window and should we keep DCL fit this season there is no excuse to below 12th imo.

Bournemouth
Fulham
Nott Forest
Saints
Brentford without Eriksen

5 clubs we should be above right away if we strengthen if Lampard is as good as some say he is and thats not factoring in Leeds without Raphinha/Phillips and Palace/Brighton without Gallagher and Bissouma who can all be caught.

If we are 15th having spent £60+ millions and DCL fully fit is Super Fronk really that Super ??

Cornet and MGW would be good signings both flexible can play a number of positions. I am presuming if we spend our budget on those two we will loan a midfielder or bring one in on a small fee.

If we dont spend another penny, fail to replace Richarlison then I would agree with you.

I do think though that we'll bring in another 3-4 this window and should we keep DCL fit this season there is no excuse to below 12th imo.

Bournemouth
Fulham
Nott Forest
Saints
Brentford without Eriksen

5 clubs we should be above right away if we strengthen if Lampard is as good as some say he is and thats not factoring in Leeds without Raphinha/Phillips and Palace/Brighton without Gallagher and Bissouma who can all be caught.

If we are 15th having spent £60+ millions and DCL fully fit is Super Fronk really that Super ??

We haven’t spent that you merkin, why are you making things up?

Nope, we know our enemy.

Would love this to be the case. Would be a step change in maturity for elements of the fan base.

Sadly we had people calling for Frank to go before the United game and after the Palace game. There was even one wanting him gone this summer. If he hits a bad run at any point the same old edgy criticism of him not being tactically progressive or other such nonsense will be out and it will be all ‘we should have got Kovac/Potter/Bielsa when we had the chance’.

I would be overjoyed if the Everton fanbase can be reasonable with the challenges Lampard has and see there’s a lot of work ahead that probably won’t reap huge results quickly. Sadly I can’t see this happening, As soon as we’re in the bottom half there’ll be those wanting him out.

Would love this to be the case. Would be a step change in maturity for elements of the fan base.

Sadly we had people calling for Frank to go before the United game and after the Palace game. There was even one wanting him gone this summer. If he hits a bad run at any point the same old edgy criticism of him not being tactically progressive or other such nonsense will be out and it will be all ‘we should have got Kovac/Potter/Bielsa when we had the chance’.

I would be overjoyed if the Everton fanbase can be reasonable with the challenges Lampard has and see there’s a lot of work ahead that probably won’t reap huge results quickly. Sadly I can’t see this happening, As soon as we’re in the bottom half there’ll be those wanting him out.

It certainly won’t happen while melts are demanding/expecting he gets top 10 with this sorry state of a squad.

Ah I see - 16th was bad under Benitez but good under Lampard.

Funny dat!

Sir Farhad will be here for another decade lid so best get used to it and drop your Year 9 rebel act and get behind the club lol
So says the one who uses the”word” dat, called Benitez - Rafatollah, swoons over Moshiri and is already calling Gibbs White - Gibbo even though he’s not an Everton player yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.