Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who have Southampton brought through? And how much game time has Small got, having been given a chance to play here?

We have brought through Gordon, Davies, Kenny, Barkley and lads like Holgate, DCL, Stones in that time to. Prior to that Vaughan, Rooney, Anichebe, Rodwell, Osman etc. Most have played international football. I'm not sure Southampton are miles ahead of us at all.
IIRC the last really good player Saints brought through was Shaw? I can't remember any decent ones after that. In the 10 years prior to Shaw they had a good spell of bringing players through like Walcott, Bale, JWP and some others I think. Can't remember very well now.

15th for me. Then next summer replace DCL with Chris Wood, be in profit by about £45m.

Well if we sign Cornet and Gibbo for a combined £42.5 millions there can be no excuses for the manager this season if we finish anywhere near 15th.

I assume we'll likely spend around the £60-70 million mark come the end of the window so Lampard will have been backed as all our former managers bar one.

We need to be realistic and not assume a battle for Europe is on but we should be aiming for 10th-12th - yes we've lost Richy but Leeds have lost Raphinha/Phillips, Brighton have lost Bissouma and possibly their LB and Palace have lost Gallagher.

Hate to say it as well but if we can keep DCL fully fit he'll be like a new signing as he missed pretty much all of last season - you also have Pattersons possible inclusion as a 1st choice RB.

Shame that we're not only decades below the Sky 6, but also seeing the likes of West Ham sprint off into the sunset - two years of European football on the spin and spending huge money on further improving their squad. Then there's Newcastle where success is guaranteed within a matter of time.

Us, on the other hand, are forced into selling our best player and look like replacing him with a relegated player who doesn't look like he'd be fit to lace Richi's boots.

But not only that, you've got clubs like Palace and Brighton that have improved massively in the past year, and we're also markedly inferior to Leicester too.

Can probably write off a top 8 finish for the foreseeable future, which basically makes watching us a complete and utter waste of time.

Can see us fighting with Wolves and Brentford for an 11th place finish this season. Exciting.
I'll tell you what mate, if we finish 11th it will definitely be mission accomplished for Lampard, I think 14th to16th is more likely.

Has he? Cos he spent about £60m last summer without any big sales and has already spent about £50m this summer again without any big sales. I look at spurs and arsenal doing the same thing and it seems ok for them, it’s just us who get punished for throwing money around when others do the same.
It was about £160m not £60m.

Well if we sign Cornet and Gibbo for a combined £42.5 millions there can be no excuses for the manager this season if we finish anywhere near 15th.

I assume we'll likely spend around the £60-70 million mark come the end of the window so Lampard will have been backed as all our former managers bar one.

We need to be realistic and not assume a battle for Europe is on but we should be aiming for 10th-12th - yes we've lost Richy but Leeds have lost Raphinha/Phillips, Brighton have lost Bissouma and possibly their LB and Palace have lost Gallagher.

Hate to say it as well but if we can keep DCL fully fit he'll be like a new signing as he missed pretty much all of last season - you also have Pattersons possible inclusion as a 1st choice RB.

Lampard keeps us up for the next 2 years until your dad sells up and disappears from the city for good and it’s a success. The real fans understand the task he’s got.

Status
Not open for further replies.