Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is positive news.
We don’t need any scouts on the ground when you consider how learned and technically astute some GOT posters are regarding new recruits. On the basis that GOT posters know best I’m positively ecstatic about the forthcoming season.

Roughly translated as......Christ theres some absolute wham chatted on here.

Can’t see it, he was due to make his Debut against West Ham but got injured. He will play next season.

You'd think he at least gets more than his fair share of playing time pre-season before Lampard decides to spend a huge chunk of a very meagre budget on a RB.

I agree with most of what you've said and I also don't trust the source BUT as a counter point: he can cover LB, LWB, LM, LW and CF for £17.5m. Can you see now why "conversations" would be had?
Normally, yes.

When we are comprehensively restricted in what we can spend, and we urgently need two CMs, a RW and a backup CF? No.

If we spend £17.5m on Cornet, we will leave ourselves short in a position of need elsewhere.

Why would he not start over Gray or Gordon? Didn’t he get more goals last season than both of them put together?
No, but it was fairly close.

According to transfermarkt:

Demarai Gray (all competitions, 2021-22): 39 appearances, 6 goals, 5 assists;

Anthony Gordon: 40 appearances, 4 goals, 3 assists;

Maxwel Cornet: 26 appearances, 9 goals, 2 assists.

Cornet is three months younger than Gray, and four years older than Gordon... is he really enough of an upgrade to be worth spending £17.5m on? I'd say no, unless he can play wide right (transfermarkt says he's left-footed) as his primary position for us.

If money was NOT a huge issue for us, I could see the reasoning behind bringing him in - five subs rule and our currently thin squad means he'd undoubtedly get plenty of game time. But if we spend that money, we will severely restrict our prospects of bringing in the CMs (x2), RW and backup CF we desperately need.

There is positive news.
We don’t need any scouts on the ground when you consider how learned and technically astute some GOT posters are regarding new recruits. On the basis that GOT posters know best I’m positively ecstatic about the forthcoming season.

Roughly translated as......Christ theres some absolute wham chatted on here.
You seen this @MikelsGoat ? Surely some breach of copyright here:coffee:

Ok lads, you had your jollys on your vacation, it's time to wipe the slate clean, new financial year and all. It's really time for

1657494955228.png

As the pre season games start and players at other teams start to see their pecking order we'll start seeing some movement in and out I believe.

A few other teams going 'early' in the transfer market doesn't worry me, basically teams like west ham, Leeds and a few others will soon be spent out, giving us a clearer and cheaper run at various players.

Time to worry is when players we really need here start moving elsewhere, till now that's not the case at all really.

Lampard knows what he needs and so does Thelwell, pretty sure we will get those players in before the season starts now.

Status
Not open for further replies.