Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying I'm happy with those options but at least it's the one position we have the numbers. IMO we need minimum 2, ideally 3, midfielders before even considering more CBs: you can have the best defenders in the world but if the midfield can't win or retain the ball they won't save you. Even our dodgy defenders would look a lot better if the midfield provided some protection.
Looks like we are going for 3 at the back. If he is going to a back 3 then the wide CB’s need to be like a CB/FB hybrid. So Yerry, Keane and Tarks would be competing for one spot as the middle CB. Holgate and Godfrey are better suited to playing as wide CB’s in a back 3. This formation would open the door for Patterson. Re the midfielders as there would only be 2 centrally perhaps the only bring one in. Not sure how I feel about it but at least if they get this lad in quickly they have preseason to properly drill it

C97D7B55-B93F-470A-BF19-3AE61A6995C3.jpeg

There was loads of crying on the Lingard thread about his potential deal.

As it stands we’ve made one signing in Tarkowski. We should wait until the end of the window and see where we are rather than this ridiculous fatalism based on hypothetical transfer rumours.
Lingard would be a bad deal tbf, but I agree let's see where we end before we go crazy.

Wouldn't call Tarkowski a great start.

Status
Not open for further replies.