Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
We might want to play three at the back and our current options are:

Mina - never fit
Keane - one of the worst CBs in the league
Godfrey - streaky
Holgate - hot and cold (more often cold recently)
Branthwaite - inexperienced

It’s difficult to find a decent pair in that lot never mind a decent three let alone have a bit of depth and competition.

Personally I hope Keane is punted as far away as possible from the club.
I'm not saying I'm happy with those options but at least it's the one position we have the numbers. IMO we need minimum 2, ideally 3, midfielders before even considering more CBs: you can have the best defenders in the world but if the midfield can't win or retain the ball they won't save you. Even our dodgy defenders would look a lot better if the midfield provided some protection.

I'm not saying I'm happy with those options but at least it's the one position we have the numbers. IMO we need minimum 2, ideally 3, midfielders before even considering more CBs: you can have the best defenders in the world but if the midfield can't win or retain the ball they won't save you. Even our dodgy defenders would look a lot better if the midfield provided some protection.

Yes we have to get a holding midfielder sorted as a priority. Creative midfielder to then slot alongside him. Then a Richarlison replacement.

We might want to play three at the back and our current options are:

Mina - never fit
Keane - one of the worst CBs in the league
Godfrey - streaky
Holgate - hot and cold (more often cold recently)
Branthwaite - inexperienced

It’s difficult to find a decent pair in that lot never mind a decent three let alone have a bit of depth and competition.

Personally I hope Keane is punted as far away as possible from the club.

He had a great end to the season?

He had a great end to the season?

Wouldn’t say it was great. He was alright, we still conceded plenty of awful goals. I’ve always liked Holgate and would like to see him beside anyone other than that catastrophe Keane as I think he’d do well, but over the last few seasons his form has been very in and out.

Didn't say that did I?

There was loads of crying on the Lingard thread about his potential deal.

As it stands we’ve made one signing in Tarkowski. We should wait until the end of the window and see where we are rather than this ridiculous fatalism based on hypothetical transfer rumours.

Status
Not open for further replies.