Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Posted something very similar, it's about ability to learn, we appear to have none, alls we do is change the manager, then we do the same again, crash and burn. Been linked to Potter all season now suddenly we have money, ala sale of our best player, now we are linked with Lingard, a top 6 cast off free transfer shockingly High wages, link Everton. Now like you I don't believe/ don't want to believe its true, but this kind of signing has become our mantra, top 6 reject, premier league experience, relegated team player, no imagination whatsoever. To be an Everton dof/ scout must be the easiest job in world football, Sky sports subscription/ remote control and a couch. Just renewed my Everton membership with my lad and I'm trying to figure out why atm, first in the queue for 10 minutes, must have only one switchboard operator. :)
I think we are in this market now by necessity rather than choice.
As free transfer options go Lingard is far from the worst. He does bring experience and can perform at a good level, sometimes a very good level.

It is not however a signing for the long term development of a team but I think first we have to try to build something for next season before worrying about the ones after that.

Disappointing but it is what it is.

And to think you where cheering when Jaffa boy punted Jamez "cos e's on too much money doh" you lunatic.

The difference was we were paying James 200k a week to be fit for 50% of the season.

If Lingz takes a 80k-100k a week contract and is fit for 90%+ of the season then happy days.

To put that into perspective Gomes is on 100k a week and is useless, Gbamin is on around 60k a week and is useless and we've just lost Siggurdsson and Delph with combined wages of around £180k a week

The difference was we were paying James 200k a week to be fit for 50% of the season.

If Lingz takes a 80k-100k a week contract and is fit for 90%+ of the season then happy days.

To put that into perspective Gomes is on 100k a week and is useless, Gbamin is on around 60k a week and is useless and we've just lost Siggurdsson and Delph with combined wages of around £180k a week

Lingard is crap !

There's a reason Newcastle & West Ham have baulked at signing him.

But you think we are better finance wise to do it .

Never cease to amaze.

Status
Not open for further replies.