Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

See the end of last season, we all knew the score. We had an average squad and a manager who had nothing to do with assembling it sliding towards the trapdoor. We were prepared to set aside our grievances about the absolute clown show Everton had become off the field that led to the situation on it. The very minimum we should expect in return is that lessons are learned and we stop signing aging never-weres on massive wages and expecting dfferent results.

Now, I don't believe for a minute we're signing Jesse Lingard. I do believe that we're fishing in a pretty shallow pool thanks to harebrained spending for 5 years. My getting behind the team has nothing to do with my anger/weary resignation with the fact that we never. ever. learn.
Top post
Think there's many Blues feel the same way.

Don't try dig deeper. It's just like you telling me Anthony Gordon, freshly 21, was 22 a few days ago.
Well I admitted that was a mistake.
The comment you replied to when you talked about giving a new contract to a 29 year old stated

"before we give pickford a new contract".

The talk of a new contract was about him.
However I remember making the post last night and I was talking about selling Pickford and not giving a contract to Tarkowski.

We shouldn't give a new contract to Pickford either, because we should sell him, but a 28 year old keeper getting one isn't a problem age wise.

Next season if we can build around
Pickford
Tarkowski
Mykolenko
Godfrey
Gordon
DCL
Gray

We might be ok, possibly Mina too if he’s running his contract down and we can keep him fit for 50% of games.

The RB position 100% needs addressing as does central midfield and obviously another striker to replace Richy.

Not sure Allan has the legs for the PL for another season, Doucoure is hit and miss, Iwobi can hopefully kick on how he finished last season.

See the end of last season, we all knew the score. We had an average squad and a manager who had nothing to do with assembling it sliding towards the trapdoor. We were prepared to set aside our grievances about the absolute clown show Everton had become off the field that led to the situation on it. The very minimum we should expect in return is that lessons are learned and we stop signing aging never-weres on massive wages and expecting dfferent results.

Now, I don't believe for a minute we're signing Jesse Lingard. I do believe that we're fishing in a pretty shallow pool thanks to harebrained spending for 5 years. My getting behind the team has nothing to do with my anger/weary resignation with the fact that we never. ever. learn.

Posted something very similar, it's about ability to learn, we appear to have none, alls we do is change the manager, then we do the same again, crash and burn. Been linked to Potter all season now suddenly we have money, ala sale of our best player, now we are linked with Lingard, a top 6 cast off free transfer shockingly High wages, link Everton. Now like you I don't believe/ don't want to believe its true, but this kind of signing has become our mantra, top 6 reject, premier league experience, relegated team player, no imagination whatsoever. To be an Everton dof/ scout must be the easiest job in world football, Sky sports subscription/ remote control and a couch. Just renewed my Everton membership with my lad and I'm trying to figure out why atm, first in the queue for 10 minutes, must have only one switchboard operator. :)

Lingard on a 3 year deal on 150k a week (plus say...2 mil signing on fee) = 25.4million (8.4 million a year)
Keane Lewis Potter on a 5 year deal on 60k a week (plus 20m fee, not all upfront) = 35.6 million (7.1 million a year),

That not including what you could receive back in transfer fee if we sold Lewis Potter down the line, wheras Lingard would be 33 at end of his 3 years and be worth nothing
I don't think Lingard is getting that kind of money anywhere.
No club will break their wage structure for him, I think he will get a good signing on fee.
But any deal with any club will cost substantially less than the cost you mentioned.

He just isn't that high profile any more.

Next season if we can build around
Pickford
Tarkowski
Mykolenko
Godfrey
Gordon
DCL
Gray

We might be ok, possibly Mina too if he’s running his contract down and we can keep him fit for 50% of games.

The RB position 100% needs addressing as does central midfield and obviously another striker to replace Richy.

Not sure Allan has the legs for the PL for another season, Doucoure is hit and miss, Iwobi can hopefully kick on how he finished last season.

There might be one top half of the table standard player in that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.