Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be disappointed but not surprised if they were not ready to act fast and use the money made available to them quickly, with targets identified and ready. You can get knocked back of course, but the groundwork should be done.

We have the feel of a club that's just been promoted to me actually, minus the excitement, and we're almost starting at ground zero in trying to rebuild a squad capable of being competitive in a relative sense.

We need signings quickly to boost morale. It will be a very difficult few weeks with Richy gone if that doesn't materialise. Lampard & Thelwell have had enough time to review and know what's required, that's tempered of course by what they're given.

The lack of excitement is down to the fans being negative imo. Any rumour they see about a possible signing they aren’t happy with then it’s the end of the world and 100% true. Any decent signing linked then it must be false and won’t happen.

For me this is the most exciting transfer window and season for a long time. A new manager that connects with the fans, a possible takeover & an overhaul of players and new director of football. Richie has gone but it’s not the end of the world. Time for a fresh start that we’ve all been asking for over the least 3-4 seasons.

Agree with this. Football changes so quickly. Look at Palace last season, terrible under Hodgson but a very good and exciting team to watch last year under Viera.

I’m 100% sure Lampard won’t want another season like last. I’m expecting a few players in as soon as Richy goes. Probably some that haven’t been linked in the media too.

Viera had to bring in 6 players in the summer too as the squad was wafer thin after half of them were free agents

Need to push to get Mina/Gomes out asap too. Perhaps that's another £15m in. It's potentially one decent young prospect signing from Europe, it isn't when shopping at home. They need to show creativity and a process with transfers, and not just treat it as revolving doors.

Hasn’t he already shown the requisite pragmatism needed to shore up and stop a slide down the table?

He fairly quickly changed his approach and found something that worked well enough to keep us up.

I think he was lucky that Burnley blew their chance of staying up, we need to get some real quality players in otherwise the team I put in here will truly be starting for us

I'd be disappointed but not surprised if they were not ready to act fast and use the money made available to them quickly, with targets identified and ready. You can get knocked back of course, but the groundwork should be done.

We have the feel of a club that's just been promoted to me actually, minus the excitement, and we're almost starting at ground zero in trying to rebuild a squad capable of being competitive in a relative sense.

We need signings quickly to boost morale. It will be a very difficult few weeks with Richy gone if that doesn't materialise. Lampard & Thelwell have had enough time to review and know what's required, that's tempered of course by what they're given.

The newly promoted club analogy is a good one mate, in terms if the rebuild needed it's actually a similar job,

Analysing our squad, we have maybe a few players thst you look at and know are good enough, then ones you hope can be and ones you know are 'league standard' meaning they can do a job in the right system with the right players around them, then a host of ones that are won't fit the system, aren't good enough, and have shown they have no hope of bring good enough.

With limited funds we have to ensure we bring in players in that second category and none in the last one.

A big problem is in two positions we have ones we know are good enough (cf/lb) but the drop off is to players we know aren't if any injury happens, in pretty much every position the backup has shown they aren't good enough already

Patterson for example is in the hope he is category but Coleman has shown he's finished etc.

Richy going for me isn't about losing your left winger primarily.

It's about now you've lost your only other CF (Rondon isn't an option, Simms too), plus now Gordon takes the LW spot meaning you have him and Gray there - but in doing that you now have no RW.

Think we will be relegated if we stick with Lampard to be honest, he will be too attacking and we will be blown away but that's for another thread
Nah, he's already shown he can be flexible in his approach and put aside his attacking ethos and make us hard to beat.

I’m quite liking the full backs though, excited to see Patterson break through and I think Mykolenko will have a more settled season.

Tbf Tarkowski should make us a little more solid at the back, still not sold on Phil Neville MK2 though.

If we keep hold of Mina add Tarkowski and play Patterson, and as seems likely Pickford extends his deal.

Then when Mina is fit we have a top 6-8 defence, when he's out that drops down to mid tableish.

Bit with the current midfield and 35% possession we will still ship tons of goals.

The key to this sesson is replacing pp retry much the entire centre of the midfield and RW/backup CF

Status
Not open for further replies.