Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious test for Thelwell this.

Does he fall back on his experience at Wolves, and ask the owner's preferred agent if any of his clients are looking for a move (arise, Sir Kia), or will he embrace the Everton way by seeing if the manager knows any lads from his previous jobs, before combing through Brands's browser history for surplus Barcelona players.
Is he conducting deals , or is it Bill over a Steak dinner in a London restaurant.

While I agree in essence mate, cornet was linked with us for a while and nothing happened, all he has done in that time has got the fabled prem experience and got older.

Dennis, while I think is tricky and looked decent for a spell, not sure I wanna give Watford £15m profit for a player they signed for £3m and got relegated with them.

Could they do a job, sure, am not against signing relegated players with a certain profile when we are top 10, but we scraped through by the skin of our teeth, we should not be bringing in players at this point who have failed.

Personally I’d rather buy hungry players who don’t and haven’t tasted what we went though. Not someone jumping from one relegated team to one which flirted with it.

For me right now, if we buy those players we are accepting next season is going to be a slog and we will be lucky for 15th.

Club needs a spark, some thing to take this gloom away, these signings won’t do that.

The question is mate are we in a position to attract the type of signing that will excite the fanbase?

I think we as fans put too much stock into what type of club a signing comes from - we've signed players from top 6 / CL teams playing in europe who've come here and been crap like Schneiderlin and Gomes but to counter that we've signed players from pub leagues like Mykolenko and relegated sides like Gana who have/did do well here.

Personally think we need a wide player capable of feeding DCL with quality crosses into the box but likewise we deffo need a direct wide player who can replace Richys goals.

Out of the two I would certainly be looking at Dennis think he has some quality about him. Would also look at Saint Maximim if the price was reasonable.

The question is mate are we in a position to attract the type of signing that will excite the fanbase?

I think we as fans put too much stock into what type of club a signing comes from - we've signed players from top 6 teams playing in europe who've come here and been crap like Schneiderlin likewise we've signed players from pub leagues like Mykolenko and relegated sides like Gana who have/did do well here.

Personally think we need a wide player capable of feeding DCL with quality crosses into the box but likewise we deffo need a direct wide player who can replace Richys goals.

Out of the two I would certainly be looking at Dennis think he has some quality about him. Would also look at Saint Maximim if the price was reasonable.

Are we in the position - yeah I say we are but we are scouting in the wrong areas.

There is plenty of talent in the world but we all know we won’t go near them unless they have played in the prem it’s absolutely ludicrous, my head nearly fell off signing Myko and Patterson, even tho he hasn’t played.

We are just so poorly run I have 0 faith in any money being used the right way.

And I don’t think Cornet and Dennis are the profile of players who will feed DCL, they will get goals and are nuisances but I don’t think they’re going to feed him 10+ assists in a season.

While I agree in essence mate, cornet was linked with us for a while and nothing happened, all he has done in that time has got the fabled prem experience and got older.

Dennis, while I think is tricky and looked decent for a spell, not sure I wanna give Watford £15m profit for a player they signed for £3m and got relegated with them.

Could they do a job, sure, am not against signing relegated players with a certain profile when we are top 10, but we scraped through by the skin of our teeth, we should not be bringing in players at this point who have failed.

Personally I’d rather buy hungry players who don’t and haven’t tasted what we went though. Not someone jumping from one relegated team to one which flirted with it.

For me right now, if we buy those players we are accepting next season is going to be a slog and we will be lucky for 15th.

Club needs a spark, some thing to take this gloom away, these signings won’t do that.
Am I the only one who is not only looking forward to next season but also feeling positive about it? I've never seen so many glass half empty comments.

I shudder to think what sort of fee would be needed for ASM.

And that's just his hospital fee's, jokes aside I'm just pissed off with players who spend half their careers in the treatment table, Lord knows we have enough and have had enough of those. Our medical's can go on for days on end and we still get them .

Serious test for Thelwell this.

Does he fall back on his experience at Wolves, and ask the owner's preferred agent if any of his clients are looking for a move (arise, Sir Kia), or will he embrace the Everton way by seeing if the manager knows any lads from his previous jobs, before combing through Brands's browser history for surplus Barcelona players.
I hope it's the Red bull model

Well we only seem to scout around Spurs basement so I doubt it but they're all highly obtainable. I'll probably revisit the list come end of the window and see how many moved on.

I did a similar list in January for CB's and those in blue have all changed clubs already: https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/new-centre-half.114114/post-9282434

Left-Footed

Marton Dardai
Evan Ndicka
Felix Uduokhai
Nayef Aguerd
Moussa Niakhate - To Move

Right-Footed

Mario Vuskovic
Nico Schlotterbeck

Bremer - To Move
Duje Caleta-Car - To Move
Malick Thiaw - To Move
Ko Itakura - To Move
Jeremiah St. Juste
Marvin Friedrich
Amos Pieper

SELL:

Mina
Keane
Holgate

BUY:

Bassey
Caleta-Car
Tarkowski (free transfer)

As long as the three arrivals are each on no more than £50k to £60k per week, that's central defence fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.