Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's the one to watch. Going to be a top top player. Would cost a pretty penny as you say to get him, but will be well worth it.

….just looked him up. Erm;

AD179EEA-485F-4BB9-86A6-EF58D23645FB.jpeg

Would be useful to know the amount of legroom we have financially without a significant sale. We've shipped a lot off the wage bill for players who were contributing nothing but it seems these regulations are more based on sales and profit. We could try to ship out Mina and Gomes also but likely that's much later in the window, if at all.

Perhaps with no sale we could sign Tarkowski and two on loan. Keep Richy, DCL, Pickford, Gordon. Or alternatively sell Gordon if the offer was decent as that has better effect on FFP and in theory, less harmful than selling Richy. It might be an acceptable but inherently risky strategy if our objective was no more than avoiding relegation by any means.

I'd imagine that we have told Richy he can leave and he wants to leave though, hence the derisory but understandable offers for him.

We'd need a Moyes type to manage in the scenario we had no pot for transfers and sadly our present setup seems incapable of such, whilst noting that football has also moved on in the intervening years.

I'd also think Lampard would want to begin reshaping the squad with most of the Richy proceeds.

So he will be sold and we may have to compromise on value. This is our punishment.
You're absolutely right . We, as fans , have no idea whatsoever exactly how bad our financial situation is.

We are told that we are working hand in glove with the PL to resolve our financial problems and that's why we won't be sanctioned.

But what does that actually mean ? That we can only spend 50% of what we receive in sales and bank the rest to reduce the deficit ? We simply don't know.

I think that we can however speculate that it is highly unlikely that we will have a spend over and above monies received in sales and that the overall wage bill will be lower next season than this.

Roll up, roll up, Nymo going to fix the window. Let's shift Richy for £60-70m, Kean for £25 then reinvest. The below players, bar like 2-3, would be cheap as chips to get and fill up lots of vacant places where I think from the faux lineup we need about 6 signings:

CB
Moussa Niakhate (Mainz) - Heavily linked with Forest but they won't stump up £13m release clause.
Boubakar Kouyate (Metz) - Highly rated and just relegated with Metz so would be a snip compared to his £15m value in January.
Calvin Bassey (Rangers) - Expensive but left-footed and a beast. Last rumour was £25m.
Josip Sutalo (Dinamo Zagreb) - Almost as highly rated as Gvardiol who went for £15m so somewhere around/under that.
Eiran Cashin (Derby) - Available on a free.

Backup LB
Lee Buchanan (Derby) - Available on a free.
Destiny Udogie (Udinese) - Possibly a bit too attacking but another beast.
(I am of the opinion Nkounkou should be given the role though)

CDM
Ladislav Krejci (Sparta Prague) - Just sold their star player for £12m so somewhere under that. Reminds me of Matic when he was good.
Amadou Onana (Lille) - He's 6'5" need I say more?
Lucas Gourna (Saint-Etienne) - Might get ripped off and very young but Kante comparisons already.
James Garner (Man U) - Bit different to the others, maybe in the CM role and maybe a loan but seems decent.
Fredrik Aursnes (Feyenoord) - Wildcard pick from only a few viewings in the Conference League but gets around the pitch and looks a nuisance.

CM
Alex Scott (Bristol City) - Might get ripped off because he's English but great all round midfielder.
Enzo Le Fee (Lorient) - Tenacious and a passing master, average French side so won't be expensive. Linked away.
Nico Seiwald (RB Salzburg) - Most expensive on the list but baller. Last rumour was €20m.
Lewis O'Brien (Huddersfield) - Linked last Summer to Leeds for under £10m and now failed to get promoted so price won't be any different.
Abdou Harroui (Sassuolo) - Bit of a random one but I've enjoyed watching him play - does a bit of everything.
Jason Knight (Derby) - 12 months left on contract, snip for a few mill.

Winger (Either Side)
Ludovic Blas (Nantes) - Forever linked away from Nantes, peach of a left foot, very tricky. £17m last rumour.
Bryan Gil (Spurs) - One of the few classic wingers in world football now, available for loan, could be an easy one with Richy deal.
Keane Lewis-Potter (Hull) - Surely ends up going for around £15m in the end; looks a top finisher and can play 3 positions.
Ruben Vargas (Augsburg) - Great on both sides, decent delivery. Maybe under £15m? German sides don't really sell high.
Liel Abada (Celtic) - One I've seen least of but always looks to be in the right place to score. Last rumour was £17m.

Backup ST (Physical Option)
Terem Moffi (Lorient) - Strong, fast, left footed, bit of a maverick, cheap.
Mohamed Bayo (Clermont Foot) - See above but a righty. Last rumour was €10-12m.
Elijah Adebayo (Luton) - Battering ram, decent in the Championship, failed to get promotion. Maybe not for sale according to manager's quotes.
Erik Shuranov (Nuremberg) - Least experienced but always looked good for Germany U21's. Would be a project.

View attachment 171673
Fantastic work mate, haven’t heard of a large number of those!

Is it similar to a @Zatara list, meaning we won’t sign any of them?

Fantastic work mate, haven’t heard of a large number of those!

Is it similar to a @Zatara list, meaning we won’t sign any of them?

Well we only seem to scout around Spurs basement so I doubt it but they're all highly obtainable. I'll probably revisit the list come end of the window and see how many moved on.

I did a similar list in January for CB's and those in blue have all changed clubs already: https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/new-centre-half.114114/post-9282434

Left-Footed

Marton Dardai
Evan Ndicka
Felix Uduokhai
Nayef Aguerd
Moussa Niakhate - To Move

Right-Footed

Mario Vuskovic
Nico Schlotterbeck

Bremer - To Move
Duje Caleta-Car - To Move
Malick Thiaw - To Move
Ko Itakura - To Move
Jeremiah St. Juste
Marvin Friedrich
Amos Pieper

I seriously think, we should use the free and loan market this summer. We need to get those loses down. Yes we won't do much, but I'm sure we will improve on last season. Most of the problems last season were caused by the last manager.

I'm thinking of the long term future of the club. I'm not saying don't buy anyone but one or two then the rest free or loans. Obviously selling other players who aren't in Frank's plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.