Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serious test for Thelwell this.

Does he fall back on his experience at Wolves, and ask the owner's preferred agent if any of his clients are looking for a move (arise, Sir Kia), or will he embrace the Everton way by seeing if the manager knows any lads from his previous jobs, before combing through Brands's browser history for surplus Barcelona players.

How would that be possible? A sale cant be registered until the window opens on the 1st, so even just saying "oh yeah for sure we did the deal today" would be meaningless as far as actual accounting and financials are concerned.
The "window" opened early June mate. Hence why Liverpool signed about 7 players already.

Dennis & Cornet for a combined £37.5 millions to give us some serious goal threat from oot wide next season?

What do we think @Zatara

It’s like we relish in signing relegated players and still learn nothing.

Decent players but wouldn’t touch with a barge pole.

We nearly got relegated last season let’s not foster an environment of players who have experienced it

It’s like we relish in signing relegated players and still learn nothing.

Decent players but wouldn’t touch with a barge pole.

We nearly got relegated last season let’s not foster an environment of players who have experienced it

True although 20 goals between them last season - you're only as good as your 10 team mates on the pitch ultimately.

We complained we dont have enough goal scorers in the side and have just lost one of our only 2 players capable of bagging.

True although 20 goals between them last season - you're only as good as your 10 team mates on the pitch ultimately.

We complained we dont have enough goal scorers in the side and have just lost one of our only 2 players capable of bagging.

While I agree in essence mate, cornet was linked with us for a while and nothing happened, all he has done in that time has got the fabled prem experience and got older.

Dennis, while I think is tricky and looked decent for a spell, not sure I wanna give Watford £15m profit for a player they signed for £3m and got relegated with them.

Could they do a job, sure, am not against signing relegated players with a certain profile when we are top 10, but we scraped through by the skin of our teeth, we should not be bringing in players at this point who have failed.

Personally I’d rather buy hungry players who don’t and haven’t tasted what we went though. Not someone jumping from one relegated team to one which flirted with it.

For me right now, if we buy those players we are accepting next season is going to be a slog and we will be lucky for 15th.

Club needs a spark, some thing to take this gloom away, these signings won’t do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.