Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool got Robertson from relegated Hull, Arsenal got Ramsdale from relegated Sheffield United, Spurs got Davies and Sessengnon from relegated clubs too. That’s just off the top of my head.

I can’t get my head around the fact that just because a whole club was collectively relegated that makes the individuals of that team crap. We had a worse defensive record than Burnley this season ffs, had we gone down do you think other clubs would’ve looked at Richie or Pickford and thought “oh they went down they must be crap”.
Every player you mentioned was an absolute standout at their club. Gana and Pickford were the same.

Had we been in for Collins, or even McNeil (to reiterate I do NOT want him) I’d understand a bit more because they stood out in their team. Even Cornet would give us that Deulofeu-esque element of unpredictable/frustrating raw talent.

Tarkowski, however, is a bog standard CB lump in a bottom half grock team. He suits the team down to the ground because he’s asked to do not much more than head the ball away and get in front of shots. He’s not quick and he doesn’t seem particularly comfortable on the ball.

Tarkowski is at/near the top of the leaderboards for blocks, clearances, headed clearances, etc.

Basically he’s a lump who is used to playing deep and facing aerial bombardment. Good in the air, granted, but I don’t think that’s our main defensive concern at the moment.

Hoping this is some lazy journalism because if this guy is our priority I’m predicting another woeful summer transfer window.
Im not a a big fan of his but our biggest issue this year has been set pieces/corners and he is exactly the type to sort that issue out.
I think we were 2nd only to Leicester for goals conceded from set pieces.

Every player you mentioned was an absolute standout at their club. Gana and Pickford were the same.

Had we been in for Collins, or even McNeil (to reiterate I do NOT want him) I’d understand a bit more because they stood out in their team. Even Cornet would give us that Deulofeu-esque element of unpredictable/frustrating raw talent.

Tarkowski, however, is a bog standard CB lump in a bottom half grock team. He suits the team down to the ground because he’s asked to do not much more than head the ball away and get in front of shots. He’s not quick and he doesn’t seem particularly comfortable on the ball.

I mean Tarkowski is probably as much a standout as Gana was mate.

I mean Tarkowski is probably as much a standout as Gana was mate.
Gana had the best tackling stats in the league behind Kante. While I get he may not have “stood out” in a flashy sense he absolutely stole the show in a pretty rancid team.

Tarkowski headed away lots of crosses, but I doubt he’d be tasked with that in our team. Same with blocking shots. I’d want us to be looking at quick CBs, good passers, great positional sense. This is just a grock. I suppose we could argue we may concede slightly fewer at set pieces but that would be more than offset by goals conceded in behind to quick strikers while Tarkowski ran through treacle trying to catch them.

I hope we play 4-3-3 like the second half against Palace. 5 at the back not exactly working.

And against Man Utd, Newcastle and Arsenal. See a pattern here? 12 points from just those 4 games, imagine what we could have had if he came in and went strictly 4-3-3 like Newcastle did.

Keggers destroys him in every metric.
Yep, there are 2 key things for me were Keane fails that are not in the stats, mentality and confidence.
Keanes biggest issues are in his head

Fwiw I don't think we will end up with Tarkowski anyway. It reeks of his agent leaking an offer (with a specific wage) to get the Saudis to hurry up and pony up

Id definitely go for Tarkowski on a free its a no brainer.
I wouldn't mind collins aswell from what I've seen of him seems a good young centre back.

Back Monday, after Paris... lol
Just in time for the window to open.....

1653327598016.png

Status
Not open for further replies.