Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
…I have him ahead of Holgate but I’m think Lampard might have made his mind up after using him against Brentford and Arsenal.

I'm not sure what could be read into either. A pre-season will make a difference, But from a business standpoint, quick readies now will be quite tempting I'd imagine.

I do think Chelsea because they can't loan as many players out anymore might start doing deals similar to the Liveremento one they did.

Hopefully we could get Colwill/Gallagher on that type.

I've been thinking about this over the last few days mate, a key thing for and something that has evolved is the squad no - come July 1st we will be down to about 24 players in the squad, that is down from the mid 30's in its height.

24 give or take is the perfect no for the finances we should be punching at. The difficulty we had in the past, was with he collection of managers we had in the past, we would simply back them and build another lare or players over ones we wouldn't use and they would just sit there, decrease in profile and as an investment, take wages and eventually fall of the contract conveyer belt.

I agree all clubs will inevitably make losses and we have to accept a degree of loss as the nature of football dictates it, its the scale of it and the level of risk, we are clearly sailing close to the wind.

I suppose the point im getting at is we are hitting ground zero in terms of a good sized manageable squad, that could probably do with shedding a few high earners, Yerry, Gomes, we need recruits undoubtedly, but id be very reluctant, to be increasing the squad number again, or building another lare of new players over existing ones unless we cut our cloth accordingly in the squad.

Im very reluctant to let DCL or Richarlision go unless either of the two took the initiative themselves, which isn't impossible in fact may be likely, i worry we are not good enough to: 1. To recruit well to fill the hole they are likely to leave. 2. Be good enough to compete without them.

I think more will leave mate. And unfortunately I suspect DCL/Richarlison will push for it.

Show me when a top team starts regularly raiding relegated teams for their players and I’ll concede
Liverpool got Robertson from relegated Hull, Arsenal got Ramsdale from relegated Sheffield United, Spurs got Davies and Sessengnon from relegated clubs too. That’s just off the top of my head.

I can’t get my head around the fact that just because a whole club was collectively relegated that makes the individuals of that team crap. We had a worse defensive record than Burnley this season ffs, had we gone down do you think other clubs would’ve looked at Richie or Pickford and thought “oh they went down they must be crap”.

Why cant we play a back 3 with two more mobile cb either side of him with him being the voice. I am sure he has enough experience to be able to play in a three. Not expecting him to be amazing but i do think he could be a smrt move by the club to bring him in
We’d need to go and sign at least one more centre back (probably 2) and 2 highly energetic wingbacks who can be effective at both ends of the pitch. We don’t have those either.

I believe we’ve been playing it out of necessity to grind results out (though realistically it was a back 5). Going forward I hope we won’t be seeing much more of it.

Tarkowski is at/near the top of the leaderboards for blocks, clearances, headed clearances, etc.

Basically he’s a lump who is used to playing deep and facing aerial bombardment. Good in the air, granted, but I don’t think that’s our main defensive concern at the moment.

Hoping this is some lazy journalism because if this guy is our priority I’m predicting another woeful summer transfer window.

Gilmour and Tarky as I will be calling him would be good additions without breaking the bank but deffo need higher quality on top of them

Only Mina is better than him, but he is unreliable.

If we signed him and another good CB, then I would feel comfortable keeping Mina.

Mina, Tarkowski, Godfrey and new (with Branthwaite as fifth choice) would be a solid grouping based on a back four. Gives us opportunity to sell both Holgate and Keane, Holgate being a very good FFP asset.

Status
Not open for further replies.