Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say it is probably fair to say Tarkowski has peaked. The hope would be he can maintain his level, or close to it for 3-4 years and the decline wouldn't be that big.
I would say though, he is better than what we have, but perhaps more importantly gives us a lot of the things we are missing as a team.

The point you make is a fair one. You can't have an entire strategy based around inflated wages of lads in their late 20's on bosmans. But sometimes there are circumstances that are the exceptions to that rule.
I have concerns he looks better then he actually is due to Burnley’s style of play. We play nothing like them and under Frank, would actually have to play football not just spend 90mins heading the ball away or hoofing it away.

How much do you think Branthwaite is on exactly p/w? Letting him leave loan/sale wouldn't even put a dent in our wage bill.

….fair point Nymz, he’s not long got a new deal, I expect he’s on max £30k per week.

I’m trying to think what Lampard’s opinion might be. i understand the Tarkowski link, he might have another lined up which would mean two out. Mina and Branthwaite seem most likely to me. Reece Welch has been on the bench of late, I expect he’s impressed in training.

We shouldn't ever be playing a very high line, that's not Everton football. We get the ball forward quickly and use the crowd at Goodison
I would like a CB whos arse doesnt fall out of them when a player gets within 10 yards of them

If we do go for Tarkowski then we cannot play a back 3 and we cannot play high as he's very slow. I'm hoping Frank realises that formation is straight up fluff.
Think somebody said that Thelwell is a BIG fan of 3 at the back, so I suspect thats where it comes from.

New Everton director of football Kevin Thelwell is a published author on a book that advocates three at the back tactics.

Think somebody said that Thelwell is a BIG fan of 3 at the back, so I suspect thats where it comes from.

New Everton director of football Kevin Thelwell is a published author on a book that advocates three at the back tactics.
3 at the back or 5 at the back with wingback doesn’t work because we have weak and slow cm like these 2.

1653325406259.jpeg

I have concerns he looks better then he actually is due to Burnley’s style of play. We play nothing like them and under Frank, would actually have to play football not just spend 90mins heading the ball away or hoofing it away.
This 100%.

That's my concern he's good for Burnley because of their set up, a low block and then hoof.
He is consistent though and always fit so thats something i suppose.

If we do go for Tarkowski then we cannot play a back 3 and we cannot play high as he's very slow. I'm hoping Frank realises that formation is straight up fluff.
Why cant we play a back 3 with two more mobile cb either side of him with him being the voice. I am sure he has enough experience to be able to play in a three. Not expecting him to be amazing but i do think he could be a smrt move by the club to bring him in

He needs to prove himself here before shoving that wank formation on this squad.

Why cant we play a back 3 with two more mobile cb either side of him with him being the voice. I am sure he has enough experience to be able to play in a three. Not expecting him to be amazing but i do think he could be a smrt move by the club to bring him in

Because we don't have those and we aren't buying 3-4 CB's this Summer.

I'm not particularly against signing Tarkowski to be honest. I'd want another centre half with a different profile aswell, and he'd have to be the only player in that age bracket we brought in, but I'm not saying it'd be a terrible piece of business. I was more just commenting on the fact that it really isn't uncommon for players in his position to take a dip at this point, when somebody was suggesting the opposite.

I do think some people are hugely overstating how good he is though, he's been a mainstay in a team that's finished between 15th and 18th in the majority of seasons he's been in the PL, and he has considerably less England caps than Michael Keane. This idea that we'd be mad to turn our noses up at him is a bit of a bizarre one.

Yes all fair. It's an Ashley Williams type signing that could go the way of Ashley Williams. I know you discounted the legs falling off analogy, but that could happen. It just feels in terms of risk/reward, this is a punt I'd be happy to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.