Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the biggest fan and talent wise I don't see much between him and Keane, but......

One big difference is that Tarkowski is a leader/organizer type who takes charge and doesn't seem to have confidence made of tissue paper. Mina aside that's what we have a total absence of throughout the centre of the park.

With a 'youngish' set of defenders and a new who are prone to mistakes, then can see the sense in him being a target.

Tarkowski on 90k p/w, Keane leaving for a fee (say 10m) think Keane's on a bigger wage than 90k as well, and pretty much no difference in age (plus Tarkowski won't have the Keane baggage of all those horrid games for us)

In isolation it'd be a deal that made good financial sense and probably sense in terms of overall strengthening the position.
Michael Keane’s on about £65k

Tarkowski is an animal. Dos nobody remember when he kicked Richarlison off the pitch? Burnley roughneck who belongs in League 1.

Wouldn't the plan be to play Tarkowski and Keane together seeing as they have done so in the past?

Mina does my head in, just be fit more you idiot! He's a quality player when available.

Probably not universally popular but I’d have Tarkowski for sure. Totally lack a composed, defensive leader when Mina is out. After a season where we’ve totally failed to grind any results, especially away, here’s an experienced grinder on a free transfer. Obviously we should primarily target younger players but not totally at the expense of experience. Look at the difference the composure of Delph made when he came in.
Burnley conceded 13 less goals than us. He has leadership qualities as well.

If a 3 year deal, at that money, I'd be more than comfortable. No transfer fee either.

Status
Not open for further replies.