Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot see us signing anyone on ridiculous wages this summer. If anything we will be trying to lower the wage bill and bring in bargains for less. We have got to do a lot better at running a football club and we have already learnt over and over that paying people 120k a week doesn't necessarily make you better. We have been bitten so many times.

Hopefully Frank will be working closely with Kevin to formulate a really good plan for the future.

Probably not universally popular but I’d have Tarkowski for sure. Totally lack a composed, defensive leader when Mina is out. After a season where we’ve totally failed to grind any results, especially away, here’s an experienced grinder on a free transfer. Obviously we should primarily target younger players but not totally at the expense of experience. Look at the difference the composure of Delph made when he came in.
Yeah but it took awhile for the difference in composure to set in and wasultimately fleeting because he was perpetually injured. He's less error prone Keane. I want defenders who can handle a ball little bit especially if we're going to play more offensively

just realised we were linked with Ibrahim Sangare in 2020 when he had 12 months left on his contract, and we got doucoure for double Sangare's asking price, Everton that.

Where has there been talk of interest in Keane?

I still wouldn’t pay Tarkowski £120k p/w. He’s just not worth that much.

I saw Moyes was interested, which sort of makes sense. Probably wishful thinking on my part like.

How much would he be worth, and would you want an experienced CB are the key questions really?

Status
Not open for further replies.